MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
(2.98.1 is a service release. It fixes several pesky bugs in 2.98, some of which might have led to a crashes in Design Mode and while adjusting configuration options.)
MIDI Designer Pro 2 version 2.98 is all about incremental, continuous improvement... and keeping up with changes from Apple. What's new?
• Fix for iPad Pro 11" with new aspect ratio
• Fix loading of presets to include all controls on restore for autosaved values and those included for first layout load
• Fix presets saved with layouts to update
• Reduce autosave down to 10 seconds
• Fix No Connections Shingle on initial load
• Fix WelcomeVC to not show on split and slideover
• Fix image loading and saving to be identical to App Store version
• Fix alpha slider not updating multiline label controls.
• Update for Swift 4.2 and Xcode 10
QUESTIONS: Any questions about MDP2? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
LOVE: Do you love MDP2? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
HATE: Is there something about MDP2 that just drives you crazy? A feature you need? An angle we’ve missed? An function you lack? Well, the only people who can fix it are waiting to hear from you at support [at] mididesigner.com!
SHOW OFF: Want to show us what YOU’RE doing with MDP2 so we can feature it? Mail us at dan [at] mididesigner.com
STAY INFORMED: Want to keep up with all things MDP2? Sign up for the mailing list at mididesigner.com/signup
Dan and the MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for more information.
Ratings and Reviews
My favorite app!!!!!
By far the best customer support I’ve ever seen. The developer lives and breathes midi.lol They are constantly adding features and will even add your requested features! If there is an issue it’s usually sorted out within a day or so. As for the app itself, I’m super happy with my purchase! A lot of the hardware out there have “Layouts” already made for them that you can quickly and easily download and use. If you want to become a wizard with this app, yes it will take some practice and time, but as with anything worth learning it is deep and packed with amazing features that will help you create fantastic music.
Beautiful, flexible, and powerful MIDI design platform
I actually bought TouchOSC and a few of the other MIDI design apps before looking at this one - scared off by the larger price tag. That was mistake, and one I am glad to have corrected by shifting all of my MIDI control needs to MIDI Designer Pro 2.
There’s a pretty good wealth of community content available (a template for UNO Synth got me hooked), but if understand even basic MIDI principles, you’ll soon prefer to make your own controls. I created a template for my Roland TR-08 and was amazed how easy it was to put together and how everything just WORKED. There are even subtle touches, like how the drumpads or keys respond to velocity differently based on where you touch the pad.
I’m mostly “function over form”, but there’s some great tools to help you make your projects look nicer if that interests you, as well. A lot of hardware synths have “hidden” features delegated to CC messages, or are simply difficult to execute on the face of the device. MIDI Designer Pro 2 allows you to reimagine both the programming and performance interface of your device - to set it up the way YOU want it. Support for Bluetooth LE MIDI connectivity is also appreciated.
There’s some occasional stability/crash issues and I would like to see just a few more customization options for faders, knobs and pads. But this is an amazing app and really does not require you to be a MIDI expert to get going and create your own templates.
Poor user interface
Showing the user options that don't work unless an in app purchase is made makes for a very poor use experience. Scolding the user until they purchase the IAP is just rude. Controls to configure widgets are highly inaccurate. Slider displays a certain value, as soon as the finger is lifted, the value changes to something else. The whole split screen thing confuses me. Certain widgets will span the divide and others won't.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. We’re sorry that you found the presentation of the IAPs to be “rude”: that doesn’t occur with normal use. It only happens IF YOU TRY TO ENTER DESIGN MODE with a layout that USES THAT IN-APP PURCHASE. Still frustrating, perhaps... we’re glad to consider other suggestions if you have them.
Regarding values changing on finger lifting, if you slide your touch in the OTHER direction — away from slider — you will gain precision and be to lift without issue. Regarding the “whole split screen thing” being confusing... we’re glad to discuss. Except for panels, all widgets will span the divide, but they need to get on the left page first.
Anyway, do get in touch with us at midiDesigner.com/contact (or from inside the App itself).... we’re happy to help our users to get the most out of the App, and we can probably help (and might be able to provide you with one or two of those IAP unlocks if the purchase is onerous for you).
Thanks for using MIDI Designer Pro 2 and sharing your observations.
- Confusion Studios LLC
- 61.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Confusion Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack $4.99
- Automatic Backups $1.99
- Audeonic Stream Byter Plugin $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.