MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
MIDI Designer Pro 2 version 2.97 is all about our Pedalboards functionality. With Pedalboards, MDP2 becomes a tactile heads-up display for your hardware MIDI controller. MDP2 currently supports the MIDI Fighter Twister, the Novation Launchpad MK2, and our very own, upcoming pedalboard, the MIDI Beast.
Features all users will find useful, even without an external MIDI controller:
• Add time-based delays to your output StreamByter rules! StreamByter by Audeonic -- incorporated into MDP2 as an IAP -- is the missing link, allowing you to parse incoming MIDI (e.g., to break up sysex) and modify outgoing MIDI (e.g., for conditional transposition)
• Smart Positioning for Make Similar: create a control and place it. MDP2 will know where to place the next one automatically.
• Automatic Ticks for Button Group Supercontrols: supercontrols now automatically update display min, max and # of ticks based on button subs.
• New Drag to Swap Action: Position/Size
• New Drag to Swap Action: Position/Size & Supercontrols
Features for Pedalboards:
• Pedalboard feedback for the MIDI Beast, the Novation Launchpad MK2, and the MIDI Fighter Twister.
• Automatic supercontrols on Pedalboards: controls placed on Pedalboards are automatically supercontrols.
• Pedalboards now slide up and down (resolving a major hindrance for assigning pedalboard supers to subs on normal pages)
• Pedalboard page properties now in a separate panel (which will host much greater functionality in the future)
• New Subcontrol option: Momentary & Return to Last Page
• Fixed Exclude from Reset to Default (thanks qdrtshlz)
• Fixed big incoming sysex processing for Streambyter (thanks Stuart!)
• Lifted the 256-byte broken-up sysex limit to 4096 bytes (thanks again, Stuart!)
• Fixed Panel CC offset to not adjust panels with Make Similar
• Fixed Default Value Picker math (thanks again, qdrtshlz!)
• Added "hide keyboard" button to exit Stream Byter on iPhone (thanks Josef)
We know, we know: we’ve got a lot of explaining to do about this update! Watch our Instagram, FB and Twitter for detailed descriptions of how all of these new functionalities work. Our new Community Manager, Mitch Lantz, is working hard to keep everybody in the loop (while designing his own killer layouts, too).
QUESTIONS: Any questions about MDP2? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
LOVE: Do you love MDP2? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
HATE: Is there something about MDP2 that just drives you crazy? A feature you need? An angle we’ve missed? An function you lack? Well, the only people who can fix it are waiting to hear from you at support [at] mididesigner.com!
SHOW OFF: Want to show us what YOU’RE doing with MDP2 so we can feature it? Mail us at dan [at] mididesigner.com
STAY INFORMED: Want to keep up with all things MDP2? Sign up for the mailing list at mididesigner.com/signup
Dan and the MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for more information.
Ratings and Reviews
I have written an interface for most of my gear with this app. This is the best midi interface app on the i-store, period. I recently dumped all the others off my ipad because they were just sitting there taking up space. I use it as a remote for my DAW, MKS20, Triton and GR55. I use an ipad 2 in an idock 2 and it works every time. I use midi ox to capture sysex on a pc and copy/paste onto a document adding some notes, print and then get busy having fun with it. Coolness!
Best of the Rest
First and Foremost: The developer is a Class Act! Look at the reviews on down the line for this app. Nothing but kudos and rightfully so.
I love this thing. I use it for pretty simple controller tasks and I am totally pleased with it! I have all the other ones...at the end of the day this thing turns out to be the only configurable midi controller I need. It just works without ANY hassle. Keep up the great work and a solid product!
Perfect app for all my MIDI needs
This app can do so much, I use it to control all my guitar pedals with an iPad. There are a host of things I can do with MIDI Designer and the iPad that I cannot do with foot pedal midi controller. There is an active community for the app and a forum where you can download other users creations, which saved me a ton of time as well! I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface of what I can do with MIDI Designer. Excellent product!!!
- Confusion Studios LLC
- 69.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 Confusion Studios LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack $4.99
- Automatic Backups $1.99
- Audeonic Stream Byter Plugin $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.