MIDI Designer Pro 2
By Confusion Studios LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
MDP2 (MIDI Designer Pro 2) is the next generation of MIDI Designer Pro, which took the music-making world by storm when it launched in 2012. This is the full, professional version for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
Dream, create and play your perfect MIDI controller with MIDI Designer Pro 2:
○ Reviewed and loved by DJ Tech Tools, Recording Magazine, Sound on Sound and Keyboard Magazine
○ Winner of Sonic Touch Gold Award for Best App
○ Trusted on stage by veteran touring acts like Todd Rundgren and newer projects like POSTYR and Groove Boston
○ A studio cornerstone for music producers like Shadow Child and Oliver for tweaking tons of vintage gear
○ Used by musicians, VJs and DJs all around the world
○ The platform of choice for community- and professionally-sourced layouts for top-flight gear (e.g., Korg, Roland, Moog, Eventide, Yamaha)
If you can dream it, you can create it in MIDI Designer.
○ Control all MIDI-enabled hardware and software: synths, effects, DAWs, plug-ins, DJ, VJ & lighting rigs, other iOS apps, robots, cruise ships, rail guns, particle accelerators
○ Near-zero latency connections via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Lightning Cable (with musicIO) or any class-compliant MIDI hardware
○ Design your perfect controller using customizable knobs, sliders, XY pads, labels, panels and more
○ Use supercontrols and subcontrols for advanced functionality with no scripting, ever
○ Choose background color, texture and LED color for up to 8 banks of 6 pages each
○ Save, load and share your layouts and pages
○ Send/receive all MIDI message types (e.g., sysex, NRPN and 14-bit CC)
○ Use MDP2 as a heads-up display for external hardware via the "Pedalboards Feature"
○ Explore presets and other features at mididesigner.com/manual: discover a mature, reliable platform for your controller design and performance
MDP2 is easy to use, infinitely flexible and customizable, and battle-tested in performance. It's the most-respected MIDI controller for iOS
* * * * * dream | create | play * * * * *
WHAT'S NEW IN MDP2?
○ Completely-redesigned look: Glow. More beautiful, practical and functional with a new Home screen
○ IAP with new control types: Image Panels, Pickers and Meters (free DAW plugin from musicIO)
○ Preset Packs: share global presets with users of the same layout
○ Browse and upload within MDP2 to interact seamlessly with the Community
○ Hundreds of smaller new features, bug fixes and under-the-hood improvements for greater flexibility, stability and speed
The MIDI Designer Community has built layouts for popular MIDI targets, including:
○ Akai: Miniak (= Alesis Micron)
○ Cakewalk: Sonar
○ CamelAudio: Camelspace, CamelPhat
○ Casio: XW Solo Synth (XW-P1, XW-G1), Privia PX-5S
○ Clavia: Nord Lead 4
○ Dave Smith Instruments (DSI): DSI MoPho, DSI Desktop Evolver
○ Eventide: Pitchfactor, Timefactor
○ Fractal Audio: Axe FX II
○ IK Multimedia: Amplitube
○ Jomox: MBase 11
○ Kawai: K3m, K1r Vector Control
○ Korg: 707, DSS-1, EX-8000, ElecTribe R (ER-1), Monotribe, Volca Series
○ Line6: Pod v2.0, Pod HD-500, DT-50 Series, POD X3 Live
○ Moog: Animoog, Little Phatty, Slim Phatty, MF-104m Analog Delay
○ Mutable Instruments: Shruthi, Anushri
○ Novation: Bass Station
○ Peavey: AT-200 Auto-Tune Guitar
○ Pioneer: RMX-500 (VST/AU)
○ Roland: JX-3P (PG-200), JX-8P (PG-800), MKS-30, MKS-50 (PG-300), JD-990, VG-99, Alpha Juno, Fantom X
○ Sequential Circuits: Prophet 600, Six-Trak
○ Sonic Charge: MicroTonic VST (μTonic)
○ Sonic Potions: LXR Digital Drum Synth
○ Strymon: "Trio" (BigSky, TimeLine, Mobius)
○ A Tasty Pixel: Loopy HD
○ TC Electronic: Nova Drive NDR-1
○ ValhallaDSP: ÜberMod, VintageVerb, FreqEcho, Shimmer, Room
○ Waldorf: Blofeld, Pulse, 4-Pole
○ Yamaha: S90, DX7 Reface, CS6X/R
Find out more: midiDesigner.com
Daily updates on Twitter: @midiDesigner
Daily updates on Facebook: /midiDesigner
Vids on YouTube: /mididesigner
Community Layouts: midiDesigner.com/community
What's New in Version 2.9.1
MIDI Designer 2.91 is a smaller release focusing on compatibility and bug fixes.
• UPGRADED Dropbox to v2 API. You will have to relink your Dropbox.
• FIXED Bug via QA site, knob etc. don’t resize (thanks Lenny)
• FIXED Display Version not copying (midiDR.com/qa/6051)
• FIXED Make Similar Bug for XY Pads (thanks Todd)
• FIXED Default and other value pickers not showing correct percentage (thanks Ibo Kai!)
• FIXED Temporary patch for iOS 11: Disable log pane
• FIXED startup crash on iOS 11 Beta 4
Translations thanks to François, Matteo and Pol.
QUESTIONS: Do you have questions about MIDI Designer? Hit us up at support [at] mididesigner.com
LOVE: Do you love MIDI Designer? Give us a great rating here in the App Store!
SHOW OFF: Want to show off what you're doing with MD so we can feature it? Mail us at dan [at] mididesigner.com
STAY INFORMED: If you want to keep up with all things MIDI Designer, please sign up for the mailing list: mididesigner.com/signup
Dan and the MIDI Designer Team
See mididesigner.com/changelog for more information.
In Love w/ this MIDI app !
I mostly use the Roland JD-990 layout ... I've had my 990 since it came out & it is my favourite hardware synth & I've kept it like brand new ... Thank you for letting me take my 990 to whole new levels & into modern times 😊
Now, I desperately need one for my fully expanded JV-2080 ... I'd pay !
This surface controller is the best I've used bar none & it's super deep !
P.S. Love the new icon - but the head (face) should be a little bigger IMHO ... Keep up the great work 🌹
How's that for a ridiculously positive review ? 😉
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 19, 2017
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 65.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Confusion Studios LLC
- © 2011-2017 Confusion Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Extra Features Pack$4.99
- Automatic Backups$1.99