MIDI SolFa Mode-Go-Round
By Dr. Garbers Softwareentwicklung
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A unique musical instrument. An interactive music theory medium. A universal MIDI tool. An amazing solmization machine. All in one: "MIDI SolFa Mode-Go-Round" unites and extends the possibilities of the apps "Musk MIDI Keyboard", "Musk MIDI Player", "Musk Diatonic Modes" and the "SolFa Mode-Go-Round". Therefore there are many creative and didactic use cases. Play and grasp music!
* Play on the diatonic or chromatic keyboard.
* Study or teach scales and church modes.
* Discover improvising polyphonic canons.
* Learn Movable-Do and Fixed-Do solmization.
* Connect to your MIDI apps and devices or play with connected "SolFa Mode-Go-Rounds".
* Load sounds and polyphonic pieces.
* Tune into your part. Hear its solmization.
* The app features a diatonically oriented spiral shaped keyboard with 7 keys per octave. (Tone circle)
* With it you can easily play well sounding melodies and chords in major, minor or other church modes.
+ Besides it, there is a chromatic piano keyboard. (iPhone: Landscape orientation, iPad: double tap piano-button)
* Instrumental sounds: a General-MIDI sound font is pre-installed. (See also "Musk MIDI Keyboard" for more options.)
* To study church modes and solmization, the syllables "do re mi fa so la ti" where recorded in 3 octaves.
+ Freely mix instrument and solmization sounds. Listen to the solmization of the tenor, hear the bass as piano and the soprano as flute notes.
+ Choose a small choir ("Erlebnisland") with warm sounds or synthetic Bruno, who really sings to the point.
* The touch instruments change according to the selected tonic and mode.
* There are 5 mathematical-musical base modulations.
* Get a fine feeling for the character differences between the diatonic scales Major (Ionian), natural Minor (Aeolean) and the church modes Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian and Locrian.
* Understand how they are interrelated.
+ Improvise up to five-part counterpoint canons "note-by-note": You play the melody and the canon assistent shows how to proceed.
* You can also invent normal canons. Just play in half notes.
+ You can change labels on the tone circle, e.g. to test your or your students knowledge.
* The syllables depend on the pitch, the chosen tonic/mode configuration and the solmization method.
* They are shown on the tone circle and can be heared.
* Solmization methods: absolute solmization (Fixed-Do), relative solmization (Movable-Do) and scale degree solmization.
* With this app, you can send and receive MIDI notes and play back MIDI files.
* All features of "Musk MIDI Keyboard" and "Musk MIDI Player" are available. (See "Related Apps" in the App Store)
+ Record tracks and export midi files.
+ During recording of notes, the related solmization syllables can be attached to the track as lyrics. These can be shown by any MIDI-Karaoke player.
+ This app sends and receives configuration change commands. You can keep all connected "MIDI SolFa Mode-Go-Rounds" in sync.
+ You can also add bass notes with an external notation app. These will trigger tonic/mode changes.
Still not convinced?
* Then, find documentation, background information and tutorials on our websites!
* Google for "SolFa Mode-Go-Round", "Tonkreisel", "Musk MIDI Player", "Musk MIDI Keyboard".
Because of limited space, we could not mention all features that are borrought from our other apps.
* Features marked with "*" are available in other apps.
* Features marked with "+" are only available in this app.
Have fun and let the mode go round!
We love to hear feedback.
What's New in Version 2.7
Updates for iOS 11 and new devices.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 93.6 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Joerg Garbers
- © 2016 Joerg Garbers
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.