By Domestic Cat
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Transform your iPad into the ultimate MIDI controller – control music apps, digital instruments, even MIDI controlled lighting, all wirelessly with Midi Touch.
Midi Touch is the award winning app that has been used onstage & demonstrated at CES, NAMM, & Macworld / iWorld. Create and save your own custom Midi surface by placing knobs, sliders, X-Y-Z pads, drum pads, buttons and other controls on screen using the intuitive drag and drop interface.
Send MIDI over Wi-Fi with latency as low as 2ms, or control compatible MIDI hardware directly using the USB Camera Connection Kit.
• Design & save your own MIDI controllers by dragging and dropping sliders, buttons and more onscreen to create personalised control surfaces
• Native MIDI Device support - connect compatible devices via the Camera Connection Kit and your iPad becomes a hardware connected MIDI control surface
• Excellent responsiveness & performance - measured latency of 2-5ms over WiFi, 1ms via the Camera Connection Kit
• Send messages over Wi-Fi using MIDI Network Sessions on OS X
• Support for CC, Note, Program Change, SYSEX, NRPN & RPN messages
• Support for multiple messages per control
• Midi Feedback - keeps the controls synced to your incoming messages
• Many different control types - Vertical sliders, horizontal sliders, knobs, buttons (momentary or latched), drum-pads, X-Y-Z controllers, transport controls and preset-jump buttons
• Customize the message on each control: CC number, note number, minimum & maximum range, channel, invert, size, label & more
• Organise control groups with the tab container
• Easily identify controls using a range of colors
• Import, export & share controller presets
• Accelerometer support for controls
• Setup for performance: dim the screen and go full screen
• Keep everything aligned by turning on control snap and using the nudge controls
• Invert values mode - perfect for drawbar organs
• Numerous options for all controls, including inverting values,
• Editor controls - copy, cut, paste, duplicate (between presets also)
• Intuitive gestures - great for fine tuning controls
• Built in SYSEX message editor allows entering custom SYSEX strings with the value of the control embedded into the message
• Robust RPN/NRPN support
• Advanced control options to change how controls respond to incoming messages
What's New in Version 2.3.5
• Various Bug fixes
• Better support for iOS 6
Fail! - wish I had read the current reviews
Yes, it indeed appears that the developer has screwed up a once powerful app and has now abandoned it. An example: you can export templates but there is no longer a way to import them. So, when you spend lots of time creating a template there is no way to back it up and restore it. I spent a good amount of time with this app before I discovered that it does not correctly update the screen with data sent back from the DAW. For example: if you have two instances of the same plugin and you edit each instance with Midi Touch it will not display the correct parameter values when you switch between instances. This makes it utterly useless for anything other than live performance with a single instance of a plugin. For that matter if you use your mouse to change a plugin parameter that change will not be reflected in the Midi Touch screen. As with the previous problem this apparently used to work but has broken after some recent update. The developer does not respond to support emails and the user forum has been deleted from his web site. So I guess I'll just trash this app and kiss off my $20 and 14 hours of time wasted.
App is now crippled
I'm not sure what happened to this once great app but the latest version seems a bit crippled. I used to be able to backup and restore templates that I spent hours perfecting. This latest version allows you to email a template for backup but there is absolutely no way to import them back into the app again.
This is a showstopper. I've spent hours perfecting my templates and now I have no way to get them back into the app. The developer needs to fix this ASAP. Do not waste your money on this app until this is fixed.
Is this some kind if sick joke??? I am dead serious.
I loved this app and used it CONSTANTLY and spent HOURS creating setups for performance use. Now the latest update REMOVED features I was using. I am a moron for updating. You removed the label feature which I used to create complex grids, and you replaced the snap-enabled value scrolling box with some redundant button (a record button?), which I was using for SO many purposes.
Why would you screw with people like that? Again, what is the point of giving the app LESS uses??? And don't say it made the app run poorly. Put it back, and I'll take my review down.
You screwed me. I should've stuck with TouchOSC.