By Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Swiss army knife for your daily MIDI setup tasks. Connect a MIDI keyboard, MIDI sound expander or any other MIDI device to your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch by using the Apple USB camera adapter or any other adapter supported by Apple. Visualize and monitor MIDI messages sent by the connected MIDI device or send MIDI messages to those connected MIDI devices. This is a simple but helpful tool to find problems in your MIDI setup or simply to spot what kind of messages various MIDI devices are sending exactly.
This app supports the "JACK Audio Connection Kit" for MIDI connections from/to other audio apps!
- Lists all CoreMIDI devices (i.e. attached MIDI accessories) and all so called "virtual CoreMIDI ports" (i.e. audio Apps) on your iPad / iPhone / iPod touch.
- Displays incoming MIDI events of external MIDI hardware and local MIDI apps in real-time.
- Send MIDI Note-On, Note-Off and Control Change messages by using the virtual MIDI keyboard, buttons and rotary knobs.
- Virtual on-screen MIDI controls are fully configurable, so you may assign other MIDI controller numbers and more.
- The virtual keyboard keys, rotary knobs and buttons automatically update to the values sent by connected MIDI devices.
- JACK MIDI support.
This app is free, and it does not contain any ads or other annoying things. Really!
What's New in Version 1.2.6
- Configure your own MIDI controllers for all on-screen controls !
- Shows now also virtual CoreMIDI ports (i.e. Apps).
- MIDI sense messages may now be filtered (optional as setting).
- Added button for clearing MIDI event screen (only on iPad).
- Fix: Time Code events were displayed as "Invalid".
- Fix: Font for MIDI event messages was too big on iPhone/iPod touch.
- Various other cosmetical fixes.
I wish the type was larger. Nice job, very useful. Thanks!
Very few features
It works!! Helped me diagnose a midi issue I had!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 11, 2015
- Version: 1.2.6
- Size: 5.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- © 2012-2015 Crudebyte
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.