MIDIChordy is the MIDI-only chord player.
With a unique UI, it's very easy for you to play chords and chord tones with your favorite synth app.
(MIDIChordy generates no sound by itself. It works as a MIDI controller.)
* You can check out how to use with the Introduction movie of Chordy v.1.x
- Easy chord playing with Auto Select Feature (Diatonic Triad/7th)
- Select a root note (and a chord type if necessary) to play a chord
- Individual chord tones can be played using Chord Tone Pads
- Octave Shift (from -2 to +2)
- 4 scales available (Major, Natural/Harmonic/Melodic Minor). Select Parallel or Relative scale change between major/minor.
- Key Transpose Feature
- Latch Mode Feature : a chord sustains until another chord played (Chord Tone Pads are not affected by Latch)
- Virtual MIDI support: You can control other Virtual MIDI compatible apps (e.g. Animoog, Sunrizer synth, Launchkey, etc).
- Wi-Fi MIDI support
- MIDI over Bluetooth LE support
Minor optimizations for ios 9 or later
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing playing surface for the iPad
I've had Chordy for a long time. This MIDIChordy one is a light, MIDI only version, supporting MIDI over Bluetooth.
Highly recommended if you are looking for a small footprint, rock-solid, stable chord-and-melody playing surface for your iPad.
Make music always on scale and with easy progression, even with no music knowledge, playing directly on the iPad surface - no need to bring a separate external keyboard with you!
Note that, different from Chordy, this app does not make any sounds by itself. Even though I have Chordy, which is the same but also has 8 high-quality built- in instruments, I decided to get this one too due to the very small memory usage and BT support.
Great purchase, very happy with it. I have many other similar apps but this is the one I use.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.