By Crossfire Designs
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to MidiPads, the professional and fully configurable drumpad and Midi controller for Network MIDI, virtual MIDI and hardware MIDI interfaces. With Network MIDI, you can take your iPad on stage and trigger your music wirelessly!
Works perfectly in iOS 7 and iOS8!
* Supports CoreMIDI and conects over iPad Camera Adapter and other interfaces like iRig MIDI and Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer II
* Supports network MIDI over WiFi
* Supports virtual MIDI to trigger other iOS MIDI Apps with virtual MIDI support
* All Midi sources/destinations can be disconnected individually
* Presets (interchangable with other users, midipads can be started with them from other apps, e.g. Dropbox)
* All elements customizable (color, label, Midi channel, CC/key, range...)
* Bottom part fully customizable with resizable touch pads, buttons and faders
* 64 drum pads with resizable area and changable pad count per page
* Several modes to influence velocity: Finger velocity, Two-finger-tap, vertical pad position, random velocity, and min and max velocity always definable
* Touch pads and faders support snapping, fading and bouncing
* Use drum pads as tap or toggle buttons, either in key or CC mode
* Drum pads can act as X/Y controller and pad at the same time (trigger your effect and change it with just one finger!)
* Faders can act as VU meter and fader at the same time
* Drum pads can show incoming values (e.g. that a sample is on that pad)
* Send pitch bend or modulation over faders, touch pads or drum pads
* Gravity controller (use iPad's rotation axis as controller)
* Easy Midi learn for each controller, as a learn CC value is sent on CC selection
* Lock mode hides all elements that would hinder your performance
* Supports all 16 midi channels (for each element and its sender separately!)
* Drum pads can blink on incoming midi sync and hence support you with the beat
* Extensive help covering connection, editing the user interface and troubleshooting (tap i-symbol)
* Multiple senders for each axis and knob
* iPad/iPad 2/retina iPad with iOS 4.2+ installed
* A Mac or a PC for Network MIDI -or-
* a virtual MIDI capable App you want to control -or-
* Any MIDI device with MIDI in (in case you use USB)
!! Don't rate it bad before you contacted me! Let me know your problem, I'm sure I can help you! !!
Get more information and usage videos on midipads.com.
Follow Crossfire Designs on Twitter: xfiredesigns
What's New in Version 1.6
- retina resolution graphics
- Tap velocity like in garage band possible (the harder you press, the louder it gets)
- midipads can be started with mppreset files from other apps
- Midi connection overview lets you disconnect from sources/destinations
- Horizontal faders
- define velocity mode for each single button
- Start MidiPads from other apps with .mppreset files (e.g. Dropbox)
- Improved startup speed, some other general speed improvements
- x/y pad now shows incoming data like the other controllers (as cross hair)
- some bug fixes
Help Midipads to be kept up to date by rating it good if you like it! If you have any ideas, send them!
Edit: Developer is very responsive to feedback. Updated to 5 Star review! Version 1.6 addressed some of my requests. I am excited to see developments of this app, and new releases from this developer.
After using TouchOSC (lacking features) and Lemur (too hard to program), I finally found this App. I want to use this with Ableton, and messages sent on release is critical for what I want to control. Also, the faders snapping back to a certain value is great!
I will echo some of the other suggestions for improvement:
- allow more control over layout
- bigger and wider faders
- bigger x/y
- tabbed pages of different layouts
- more color options
- allow building controls on a blank screen (not all based around the pads)
With minor improvements, I would pay 5x the price for this app. On par with Lemur for what I need, yet way easier to setup and program. Kudos to the developer!.
Absolute best app of its kind... Don't hesitate
This app is just awesome. I find that this is app has the best playability out of all midi controller apps, and is super easy to configure. I have other similar apps however I find that you spend more time configuring then playing. Many apps struggle with realistic velocity however this is a breeze to play. I find that displaying all 64 pads on the screen at the same time is still 100% playable including realistic velocity.
This is by far my most used app and works flawlessly with fl studio on PC and all internal synth apps.
-REQUEST- I create many presets with scales notes, chords etc. I would really like a quick transpose slider that goes from -12 to 12 semitones on the global setting.
Get this app you will use it.
I tried using this with Fl studio and indeed it recognized it. I'd connect the iPad to a USB-to-midi adapter or follow the instructions that came with the app to wirelessly connect to it using ad-hoc. If you try to connect over your wi-fi network you will have latency issues. I did it over an ad-hoc network and I had no issues recording a drumline whatsoever. Anyway if you wanna use our iPad as a midi controller in fl studio then this will help you greatly.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 05, 2012
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Stefan Goehler
- © 2011-2012 by Stefan Goehler
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.