Miko Moves Out
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whenever Miko wants to play, his mom has a million other things she wants him to do first. Finally, she interrupts his playtime for the last time. Miko is fed up and decides to move out. Miko and Mimiki pack their things and leave. The only question that remains is, “Where will they go?” The answer takes them full circle and leads them back to the heart of things!
Miko Moves Out is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn. The app is based on Brigitte Weninger, Stephanie Roehe’s book by the same name, illustrated by Stephanie Roehe. It is the eighth and last book app of the famous Miko series.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Introduce different colors to children
-Nurture your kids’ memory: Flash a page in front of the kids, ask them to recall all that they have seen on that page.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“What did you learn from Miko’s story?”
-“Is it a good habit to help mom with her chores?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
What's New in Version 1.0.6
Bug Fix and Optimizations
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 87.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © 2012 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.