Miko Wants a Dog
By Auryn Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Miko wants a pet dog more than anything. His friend Mimiki will pretend to be a dog for a little while, but he won’t go on a leash. No doubt about it—Miko needs a real dog. But Mama says Miko will have to wait until he’s older. He’s so disappointed, until he hears a bark from the next door neighbor’s yard, and Miko gets the chance to prove how good he can be with a dog.
This cute story is perfect for family pet discussions, and also demonstrates the power of compromise.
Miko Wants a Dog is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn. The app is based on Brigitte Weninger, Stephanie Roehe’s book by the same name, illustrated by Stephanie Roehe. It is the fifth book app of the famous Miko series.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Introduce the concept of Pets to your kids.
- Learn the characteristics of a pet dog.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- If you have a pet dog, then ask your child “What is their favorite thing about him/her?”
- Have you seen some other pet animals in the neighborhood?
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
What's New in Version 1.0.6
Bug Fix and Optimizations
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 29, 2015
- Version: 1.0.6
- Size: 83.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Auryn, Inc
- © 2012 Auryn Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.