By Tom Holsten
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mil-Dot Ballistics combines fast range estimation with a full featured ballistics calculator that’s simple to use. Real-time calculations provide instant range estimation and ballistics calculation to get you on target fast.
The simple interface allows for one handed operation and eliminates any need to manually type any measurements to range a target.
Complete, detailed user manual for iPhone and iPad available at www.rangetimesoftware.com.
- Kestrel DROP wireless data logger integration automatically updates atmospheric conditions.
- 3DOF point mass ballistics engine
- 249 mil, MOA and IPHY reticle designs, including reticles from Carl Zeiss, Nightforce Optics, Kahles, Vixen Sport Optics, Premier Reticles, Primary Arms, Schmidt and Bender, SWFA, U.S. Optics, and Vortex Optics.
- Two modes of Range input: Calculate range from target size and sub tension - allows you to estimate range to targets at unknown distances and Direct range input for known distance targets
- Real-time solution information
- Extensive bullet / cartridge library includes American Eagle, Barnes, Black Hills, Federal Fiocchi, Fusion, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, Nosler, Remington, Sellier & Bellow, and Winchester.
- Support for variable BC information
- Ballistics chart (Range, Elevation, Windage, Velocity, Time Of Flight, Energy)
- Ballistics graph (Elevation, Velocity, Energy)
- Reticle Drop Chart
- Adjusts for atmospheric conditions for current and zero conditions (Density Altitude or Altitude, Pressure, Temperature and Humidity)
- Get accurate local pressure using the barometer in iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- Use GPS location to set current atmospheric conditions
- Fast range estimation
- Moving target lead calculation
- Correction for coriolis effect
- Correction for spin drift
- Optimum point blank zero calculation
- Point blank range calculation
- Configurable windage / elevation hold display (mils, MOA, IPHY, clicks)
- Target size presets
- Second focal plane scope support
- Fast windspeed / direction adjustment
- Three ways to input line of sight angle (Angle in degrees, Cosine of angle, Automatic using device accelerometer)
- Fast target speed adjustment
- Target speed presets
- Training mode (practice your range estimation skills)
- Point of impact indicator
- Bullet drop compensation display
- Secondary solution info display for non-critical data
- Create unlimited ballistics profiles
- Multiple color schemes
- Adjustable display brightness
- Full Retina display support
- Print range cards
- More reticle designs coming soon, stay tuned!
What's New in Version 4.5.9
Fixed crashing issue when pulling weather data.
I've used several apps in the field and Mil-Dot Ballistics is one of the best. I'm using a Vortex HST 6-24x50 scope on a Remington 700 SPS 308. It's a tack driver and this app gives me confidence to dial in any shot. The app has a substantial database of scope reticles that continues to grow. It's a bit pricy but it's worth every cent.
No longer crashing. Accurate and dependable data. It is slowly building a large data base of popular reticles. Easy to use in the field. Couldn't ask for more.... Well maybe an eotech reticle lol
No longer works!!
Loved this app but an update just came out today and when I tried to download it, it said unable to download at this time. The app stayed in the "waiting" mode even after hard restart. I deleted app and tried to redownload and got same result. What's up?!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 4.5.9
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Thomas Holsten
- © 2011 Tom Holsten
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.