MiLB First Pitch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MiLB First Pitch is the official mobile app for Minor League Baseball and its 160 clubs and it’s back for the 2016 season. Follow the action with Gameday for more than 130 clubs, as well as complete stats, schedules, standings and the latest news for every club. Push notifications make it easy to get game alerts for your favorite teams and breaking news from across the Minors. First Pitch is the premier app to follow the top MLB prospects from every club throughout the 2016 season. Plus, watch more than 5,000 games live or on demand with a MiLB.TV subscription.
**** NEW FOR FIRST PITCH in 2016 ****
· Subscribe to MiLB.TV in App
· Push notifications to remind you when your favorite team is at home
· New sharing functionality for video and news
· Improved access to team stats
· Design support for iOS 9
· Updates for the Minors’ newest teams, the Columbia Fireflies and Hartford Yard Goats
Other great feature include:
- Customize MiLB's home screen to feature your designated favorite team (iPhone only)
- Follow the action with Gameday for all 160 Minor League teams
- Complete stats (iPhone only)
- Club schedules
- Team Standings
- Latest Team news (iPhone only)
- Push notifications for game start, game end, score change, lead change and breaking news across the Minors
- Native resolution to optimize First Pitch for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
Access MiLB.TV for $12.99 per month or $49.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $12.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $49.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Copyright © 2016 Minor League Baseball.
Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are the property of Minor League Baseball. All Rights Reserved.
Blackout restrictions may apply for Lehigh Valley IronPigs and New Hampshire Fisher Cats home games. Other restrictions may apply. Visit MiLB.TV for details.
What's New in Version 9.1.0
· Introducing 3D Touch to quickly access your favorite team, scores, news and more
· Redesigned ticket purchase experience
· Improved MiLB.TV access from scoreboard and schedule
· Access Gameday audio on team pages (iPhone only)
· General Improvements
Great App Devalued by Ads
I don't normally write reviews so hopefully that helps explain how annoying the ads are here...the app itself is exactly what you would want and hope for if you enjoy following minor league ball. I understand they need to make their money on the app, but now you have ads that pop up practically every single click to the point where the app is virtually unusable. I'm fine with watching an ad before a video but don't force one on me when I just want to quickly check a box score, and then again when I go back to the day's scores, and then again when I try to check the next box score.
tl;dr- The app itself rocks, but the ads they recently added basically ruin it to the point where I won't be using the app as much anymore.
What's with the ads?
I've had this app for several years now and it is exactly what I'm looking for to help me follow my favorite team from afar. This season, however, there are pop-up ads that are new to the app. I don't mind a pop-up when I first open the app, but anytime I look at the app (including while I am looking at a different screen while it runs in the background and I change back to to the MiLB app) another ad pops up. It feels constant during the course of a game. If the frequency of the ads were to noticeably diminish, I would rate the app much higher.
Stats 'n ads
The ads are a bit ridiculous. Not as ridiculous as everyone else seems to think, but...
The more annoying thing is trying to sift through the stats. You have to select each stat to see what the player has done. Just make it like a baseball card, or even easier, the MLB app. How hard could it be?!
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Jun 14, 2016
- Version: 9.1.0
- Size: 104 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- Copyright © 2016 Minor League Baseball.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases