Put your mileage logbook on autopilot: Let your phone track your trips, and have your mileage documentation ready to hand-over at any time.
+250.000 trust us with their mileage logbook. Get started for free today!
▶ 1. TRACK: Record your trips on the go.
- Simply press start and let the app take care of the rest. Using your phone’s GPS, we record your trip from start to finish.
- Automatically tracking of all trips? Go a step further and never forget to log a trip again. With our auto tracking enabled all your trips will automatically be logged in the background. Just keep the phone in your pocket.
- Forgot a trip? No worries, you can always manually add a trip later on. Simply select where the trip started and ended and we’ll calculate the route.
▶ 2. CLASSIFY: Log who you visited & the purpose.
- Easy to categorize your trips as business or private.
- Start and stop addresses are automatically logged, and you can easily name the places. We’ll even suggest suggests companies nearby, so you simply chose who you visited.
- When returning to the same place the app automatically selects the previously used location
- Do you need to keep a mileage log for multiple vehicles or report mileage to more than one employer? No problem. You can easily segment your trips and reporting for different vehicles and workplaces.
▶ 3. REPORT: Easily submit your compliant logbook.
- Your mileage documentation is ready when you are. You’re only one click away from detailed reports available on mobile or desktop - downloadable as a PDF or Excel file, ready to hand over to your employer or accountant.
- The report contains the details required by your local tax authority (e.g. IRS), ready to be used as documentation for e.g. reimbursement claims or tax deductions.
- Do you need to log your car’s odometer? We’ve got you covered. You decide how often you log your odometer and we do all the math in between the trips. You can even set up the app to remind your daily, weekly or monthly.
▶ COUNTRY SUPPORT & MILEAGE RATES
- We primarily support the following countries: USA (IRS), Canada (CRA), Australia (ATO), United Kingdom (HMRC), Denmark, Sweden, and Finland. But our system is also used by many people in other countries.
- From the get-go, we’ll automatically calculate reimbursements based on the current mileage rates from your local tax authority (that we make sure to keep up-to-date).
- If you’d like, you can set your own custom reimbursement rates or choose not to calculate reimbursements at all.
▶ YOUR ONLINE ACCOUNT
- All your data is secured on your online account, always available even if you lose your phone.
- You can easily manage everything from our website. From here you can access all your trips, manage your locations etc. and print reports or download them as PDF or Excel.
▶ AUTO TRACKING WITH IBEACON
- Place a Driversnote iBeacon in your car, and the app will automatically record all your trips in the background. You will never forget to log a trip again.
- We’ll send you an iBeacon for free, when you sign up for the annual basic subscription.
- When entering your car the phone detects the Driversnote iBeacon, and when you drive, it starts recording your trip. No need to open the app.
- When you leave your car, the app stops recording, and you get a notification letting you know that the trip was logged.
- If you have questions or feedback please contact us at tel. (+45) 71 99 37 54 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do use the GPS in the background when logging a trip, and continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Driversnote 2.0 is here with an all new look! We've made the app even easier to navigate and added new features to help you get more out of the app - and your reimbursement. Here are some of the helpful new features we've added:
-An all new dashboard with graphs and charts that make it easier to see the overview of your driving habits and watch your reimbursements stack up.
-Easier trip classification options. Enter your working hours to automatically log trips as either work or personal.
-More control over manual trips. Manage your saved locations and choose from alternate routes all from within the app.
Make sure to update to the new version and launch the app to complete the migration of your data.
**Driversnote 2.0.11 addresses some issues that some users had with the new version, including problems with the creation of manual trips, writing notes on trips and synchronization of data to the new version. If you upgrade to the new version and experience issues please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
For over 25 years I have worked as an outside sales rep, and keeping track of business miles has been a major headache for me, especially when I had two or three different cars in one year! In addition to the hassle of trying to keep up with it everyday, I dreaded separating personal miles from business miles and compiling all the data for each car on the IRS Form 2106 at tax time! That task consumed many hours and was a major headache! I just downloaded this app about 5 hours ago.... still much to learn about it. But this a great mileage app! Now I can easily track my small fleet of four vehicles that I use in one business, plus my personal vehicle. I can easily track mileage for all of them and switch back and forth between “business” use and “private” use with one touch of the screen! Wow! And how easy to print a PDF report for each car by week, month or year.....and it’s so easy to send the file to my OneDrive cloud and save the reports to my laptop! It amazes me that it does all this in the FREE version! Great job, guys! I can’t wait to learn more about the iBeacon automatic tracking feature which apparently tracks your mileage without you needing to turn on your phone! Unbelievable....
Unreliable, inconsistent, incorrect
I’ve had Driversnote’s iBeacon since July. It worked fine in the beginning. Not so much anymore. It mysteriously starts trips even when I’m not near my car or even driving in a car so sometimes it looks like it takes me 10+ hours to get to work because the trip started at 9pm (for example) and ended the next morning at 7:55am. Sometimes I will exit my vehicle at my desired location but the app finishes my trip at some completely random spot miles away in an “as the crow flies” path - meaning, according to the green line, I drove straight through homes, business, ignored roads, exited my vehicle there and then somehow got back to my desired location to do my errand because when I get back to my vehicle to go home, my next trip starts exactly where I am, not where the “crow” says I was. Sometimes trips aren't even starting til I’m more than 2 miles into my trip - and not 2+ miles driven slowly in neighborhoods. No, 2+ miles driven at 40+ mph. And even better still, sometimes my trip stops tracking completely even though I’m still in my car, still traveling. I’ve contacted customer service many times and they only responded to my very first problem and didn’t even resolve it. Every email since then has been ignored. I can’t trust this app. It produces inconsistent, incorrect data. I would not recommend the premium iBeacon service to anyone.
Developer Response ,
Dear DessetDiva, Daniel here from the support. Do you mind writing in again and I'm sorry that if your messages have been unanswered. I'm sure it has to be big mistake from our side. I'm sure of the issues that you experience can be solved. Looking forward to hearing from you & Merry Christmas. //Daniel
Great App, Amazing convenience, Superb Customer Care!
Because I am self employed and also do charity work, etc... I need to track my miles for various tax purposes. This app allows me to do that and create customizable pdf reports for my variety of uses. Even better, because I signed up for the standard plan (which is very reasonable and tax deductible) I also was mailed a free iBeacon that I place in my car which turns my app on and starts tracking my miles every time I drive. It was always a frustration to be halfway to an appointment and realize I hadn’t started my mileage tracker, now it does it for me!! Great customer service as well. I sent an email with a question (to headquarters in Denmark) and they respond in 8 minutes!!
- Driversnote ApS
- 55.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Driversnote ApS
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.