Miles & Kilo
By Michael Burns
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Miles & Kilo is everything you could want from a follow-up to Kid Tripp... Those who love a good platformer will want to add this one to their collections immediately." - TouchArcade (5 out of 5)
"Miles and Kilo is a brilliant game through and through. It's clearly been put together with such love that it's almost impossible not to get wrapped up in it." - PocketGamer (8 out of 10)
"A cracking mobile-optimised platform game with lashings of personality and inventiveness." - Stuff.tv (4 out of 5, App of the Week)
"This platformer is so immaculately designed that it's hard to put down." - 148Apps (4.5 out of 5)
The sequel to Kid Tripp is finally here! Misfortune catches up with Miles as he crashes on a perilous island yet again; but this time his trusty canine pal, Kilo, is joining the fun.
• Super fast retro platforming action!
• 5 unique islands, each with a boss fight at the end. 36 challenging levels total.
• An awesome chiptune soundtrack written by Chris Kukla.
• Story scenes with an old-school flavor.
• Tons of new moves, including sliding, fruit-throwing, wall-jumping, rope-swinging, somersaulting, and more!
• Super simple control scheme. Just tap on the left side of the screen to jump and tap on the right side to perform an action. (Actions include sliding if you're in front of a tunnel, punching if you're in front of a breakable wall, etc.)
• Online leaderboards track your total time, number of deaths, and final score in each complete playthrough of the game. Have you got what it takes to make it to the top?
I absolutely love this game to bits! The story is lighthearted and funny and the graphics and animation are really charming. This game is fast and challenging but like other reviewers have said, doable with just the right amount of effort. I never once felt frustrated to the point that I wanted to stop playing. There's a real sense of achievement when completing a level and it's really gratifying to punch through the Clear board at the end of the level. The pacing in this game is perfect and really pairs well with such clever level design. The different abilities and gameplay mechanics keep everything fresh and interesting. I love Kilo's targeting attack and it's really fun to chain them together. I think it's great that rather than playing through a level with Kilo alone, he hilariously drags Miles through the stage by his leash. I picked up this game after reading a pretty enthusiastic review on toucharcade and hadn't heard of Kid Tripp before. After playing this I purchased Kid Tripp and while it's a great game itself, it really gave me an idea of how much the Dev has grown with Miles and Kilo. I've played through story mode twice now and have scored an A ranking on all but 1 stage in practice mode and I still can't put this game down.
Best platformer on Phones
Holy crap. At first I thought this was Mario run. But no, this is how Mario run should have been. Every is great. I minor issue is the crazy difficulty but I recommend it
Miles and Kilo is to Kid Tripp as The Dark Knight is to Batman Begins. In both cases, the first one was great but the 2nd even better. A platformer's dream .....difficult, but doable. So many levels of awesome.
- Category: Games
- Released: May 16, 2017
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 78.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Burns
- © 2017 Michael Burns
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.