By Shihab Mehboob
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Milkeddit is a feature-rich and fluid reddit client that makes using reddit a joy for both casual and experienced users alike. With support for multiple accounts, 3D Touch, multireddits, mute filters, an in-app image and gif viewer, a dedicated gallery mode, full-screen browsing, and a plethora of customisation options, Milkeddit has everything you'll expect from reddit, and much more which you will come to love. "Pictures don't do it justice."
Select your preferred layout for text and thumbnails, and choose from a set of gorgeous themes, which includes night mode, to help you read better in the later hours. Have complete control over metadata, and toggle the hiding of voted and read posts. See how long posts take to read before reading them, search across reddit, and mute certain words or phrases from ever popping up onto your feed. Filter the content, subscribe and bookmark subreddits for later viewing, send posts to your favourite 'read later' service, and watch how Milkeddit becomes personalised to you.
The gorgeous layout, along with the swift and silky navigation and refresh mechanisms allow for a seamlessly beautiful and joyous experience app-wide. Not only is Milkeddit a complete solution for your reddit needs, but it is also an enjoyable one.
- Multiple account support
- 3D Touch support
- Companion Apple Watch app
- Today Widget
- Rich timelines with intuitive gestures
- Multireddit browsing and creation support
- Reddit-wide search
- Powerful mute filters with phrase and subreddit detection
- Deep-linked imgur images
- Anonymous imgur uploads
- In-app image and gif viewers for a seamless browsing experience
- Dedicated gallery mode for quick photo browsing
- Swipe back from anywhere on the screen for silky smooth navigation
- Ability to invoke full-screen browsing without any navigation bars
- Robust filters for a personalised timeline
- NSFW content filters
- Vote filters
- Read filters
- Ability to view the length and time it will take to read posts and comments
- Intuitive and friendly help section which answers your questions
- Chart to view amount of posts viewed
- URL schemes
- Multiple themes, along with a night mode, for late night reading
- Customisation options
- Beautiful and fluid animations
What's New in Version 1.2
'I want comment filters!'
Sure, added that!
'I can't seem to visit the parent post of a comment from the inbox...'
Now you can!
'The Watch app should have thumbnails!'
Of course, they now do in the detail view!
Here's everything that's been added, changed, and fixed in this brand-new, stunning update:
- Added filter options for comments
- Added ability to tap comments in your inbox to visit parent post
- Added ability to randomly select a subreddit from your subscribed subreddits
- Added image thumbnails for posts in the watch app
- Slightly improved comment collapsing
- View all subreddits contained in a multireddit by swiping the respective multireddit cell left, and picking the first option
- Fixed issue where tapping on empty images in the comments pane would cause the app to crash
- Fixed issue with i.redditupload.com domain images showing up as unauthorised
- Fixed issue with post titles getting cut off in the comment pane
- UI improvements and bug fixes
This is one of the best reddit clients available and probably the best looking. Beautiful and fluid animations with plenty of options to make your own (seriously, you can change how the slide-to-upvote buttons appear). Unfortunately, there are just a few things to work out before it's perfect. It crashes sometimes. Not enough to make you hate it, but it still happens. Additionally, the settings, while plentiful, are difficult to navigate and you don't really know what you're changing.
I love the three different colored themes (including a dark mode), but would prefer if it didn't take so much tapping to change the appearance -- I like to use a light theme in the day and a dark one at night, but the multiple menus it takes to get to can blind you.
All in all, this is a great app that is pleasant to use, but could use some improvement as well.
The best reddit client out there.
I dont usually give reviews for apps.
I had to for this one though.I purchased it aftee i hit the app store. I have been beta testing this app since day 1 of launch. I switched from Beam and submarine to milkeddit, slowly after the betas got more stable. I have left a lot of feedback which helped Shihab complete the app to be great. I recommend this client out to everyone. My reddit user is /u/caliswatch
As far as looks go, this reddit client is one of the best. However it is missing features which other apps have and it freezes quite a bit. It currently is not feature rich or stable enough for it to be my main client, but I am positive it will get there one day.
- Category: News
- Updated: May 24, 2016
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 45.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Shihab Mehboob
- © 2016 Shihab Mehboob
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.