BE THE FASTEST - BUT BE WARNED, ANYTHING IS PERMITTED! REDISCOVER THE CLASSIC CARD GAME AND GO!
Hop in your car and hit the road! The goal in this classic card game is simple: be the first to reach 1000 miles! Play with up to three friends on the same device, or test your driving skill against the AI! Who will be the best behind the wheel?
Draw cards and use them to jump miles ahead of your opponents. But you also have to be careful, because your friends may well not just let you drive in peace: flat tires, accidents or simply running out of gas are some of the complications you might encounter on your journey. But if you play your best Safeties – such as Driving Ace, Puncture-Proof or Emergency Vehicle – you might just end up being first... to reach 1000 miles.
Also, check out the Course mode to discover a new way to get the youngest players involved! Get set, go!
• Up to 4 players: play in single-player mode against an AI, or challenge your friends in local multiplayer
• Two game modes:
• Play in Classic mode to discover or rediscover the renowned card game in a vintage style. Try out the optional rules for more challenges as well!
• Discover the Course mode, which is based on the board game with its colorful design. Try out the different cards and use special powers to stay a car length ahead of your opponents!
• Over 20 achievements to unlock!
• Play in portrait or landscape mode!
• Languages available: English, French, Italian, German and Spanish
This patch fixes several issues related to remedies, scoring and the drawing pile for the Vintage/Classic Mode. Enjoy!
Ratings and Reviews
Classic game, mediocre execution. Needs improvement.
The artwork on the cards is exactly as I remember as a kid. The rest of the artwork is consistently stylized ... it “works”, but I don’t care for it. The music is repetitive after a while. Considering how satisfying it is to play a Coup Fourré, one would think it would be a bigger deal, like a splash screen or a fanfare or something, but no.
The game play is, well, the interface can cause some frustration. Namely, the difference between playing a mileage card versus throwing it away isn’t clear. There is no undo either. It’s hella frustrating to try and play a 200 mile card only to discover it goes into the trash (and no undo)!
Having a full page splash screen that interrupts play when it is your turn is a turn-off. Too much movement and interruption. Maybe just highlight the current player? Maybe have a setting in options?
Overall, it is faithful to the card game, but this execution of it comes up short. It’s nice to have, but I wonder if I paid too much.
Classic mode plays like it should.
My primary play is one human vs three computer opponents in classic mode. The app was unusable before August 2018. Force quitting the app multiple times to continue a game was the only way to proceed.
The latest update has solved most of those issues and my rating has improved to reflect the changes.
Fun - just more bugs to work out
I’m having a lot of fun playing this classic from my childhood!
One large bug I have discovered is that there are times when scoring at the end of a game (or a round within a 5000 point game) is completely wrong. For example, one player will have no coup-forees, yet they will receive the points for having two CPs in the round/game. This issue seems confined to the safety cards - I haven’t noticed the miles being incorrect.
Feature requests I would look to see are faster play, and to fix that bug where the deck is out yet it appears the other players are being dealt cards.
Thanks for making this game available!
Developer Response ,
Hello, Thanks for your feedback,
In order for us to resolve the issue, could you contact the support, please: https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/mille-bornes/
- Asmodee Digital
- 351.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Mille Bornes digital published by Asmodee Digital. Mille Bornes original game created and published by Dujardin. Mille Bornes® is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.