***Featured in App Store's Best of 2016***
Lose yourself in an adventure of color and drawing as we bring the beautiful world of Millie Marotta to iPad, with her rich illustrations of the plant and animal worlds. Take the time to stretch your creative muscles, relax your mind and rediscover the simple pleasures of coloring in.
Choose from three packs with specially selected animal illustrations and make your own mark, using either your finger or an Apple Pencil. Shade and color using our ingenious tools selecting colors from a special palette prepared by Millie, or pick your own. Repeat your coloring as many times as you want and easily share your work with friends and family.
• A free pack of 6 stunning images to choose from
• Expand your collection with new packs including Curious Sea Creatures (from Millie’s latest book ‘Millie Marotta’s Curious Creatures’)
• An ingenious coloring experience allowing you to shade, blend and sketch with the pencil or the watercolor brush
• Create your own palette using the color picker
• Get inspired by Millie’s special color selection
• Customize your pencil or brush
• A true-to-life coloring experience to challenge and inspire (you won’t find any autofill or clean-up options here!)
• Share your creations with your friends and family on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
• Color the illustrations as many times as you want and save your progress to revisit your work
• A growing library of new packs
Find out more about the app and its creators:
Make sure to share your work using #MillieMarottaApp
Thanks for updating to 1.1.2. In this version, we’ve made the app ready for iOS 10, and made some further improvements behind the scenes to enhance your colouring experience. And stay tuned for long-awaited new packs, coming very soon now!
Also, exciting news from the team at Touchpress… We now have new name, Amphio! Visit amphio.co for more information.
If you’re enjoying Millie Marotta’s Coloring Adventures, please rate us and leave a review – it really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
Artists of all ages will have relaxing fun with this virtual coloring book. Using your finger or an Apple Pencil, you can jump right into coloring its gorgeous, finely detailed illustrations. (The app comes with five free nature-themed drawings; more are available as In-App Purchases.) A beautiful color palette and handy undo key help unleash your creativity, and it’s a cinch sharing your finished pieces via email and social media.
My favorite adult coloring book app!
I have tried several coloring book apps that are reportedly helpful for reducing anxiety and stress. It's frustrating when you're compelled to download certain apps only to learn that you must pay for a monthly or yearly subscription before you can even try the app out. That's just plain wrong. Fortunately, this app does not require you to buy before trying. You are given a starter pack with about 6 coloring pages that will keep you busy for hours. Other packs of coloring pages are available, which can be purchased for a reasonable, one-time price. I am more apt to do this versus sign up for a subscription. What I love about this particular app is that the actual act of coloring is incredibly realistic. Using the colored pencil is is so lifelike, it's quite satisfying, lol. You can shade, blend, and even create your own color pallets with unique colors, which is an excellent feature. The only downside to such flexibility is that it is hard to backtrack to a previous color used if it hasn't been saved in the color palette. There should be an option to use an eye dropper to select and replicate an already used shade. Other features that would enhance this app might be a larger variety of tools with which to color, as well as different mediums. Ultimately, I love this app and still rate 5 stars! Looking forward to future updates.
The colorist's coloring app
This is a must have app for anyone who truly loves coloring. First, lovely artwork by Millie Marotta. Second, the pages are vectorized -- this means the outlines stay smooth and clear even when you zoom in. No ugly black pixels. Third, predefined colors or you can mix your own colors -- and keep them in your own palette. Fourth, you can use colored pencils or paint brushes. Color lightly for delicate pastels or overlay your strokes for bold colors or use different colors blending into unique shading just for you. Can't do this in most color apps! And lastly, no bucket fill tool. This is truly a coloring app! And Millie's designs are HUGE! There is a lot of coloring pleasure to savor here.
- Amphio Limited
- 64.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Amphio Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Savannah Animals pack $0.99
- Birds Pack $0.99
- Botanical Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.