Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for iPad/iPhone
By Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the new Milwaukee Journal Sentinel live iOS App. Now you can experience the news and information you want, everywhere you go.
Powered by Wisconsin's largest, most prestigious news organization, the Journal Sentinel’s new iPad app has been designed to deliver breaking news and in-depth sports, business and entertainment news, all in a new way.
You’ll find spectacular photos, compelling video, and real time weather, your favorite comics and horoscopes - everything you expect from the Journal Sentinel, with just the swipe of your finger.
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel smartphone and tablet apps give you the news and information you want, anywhere you go.
Powered by Wisconsin's largest newsroom, you’ll find in-depth reporting, breaking news, spectacular photos, compelling video - all with just the swipe of your finger.
With our flagship app, you'll get a full range of Journal Sentinel content designed to offer an outstanding mobile user experience, including:
- Breaking local, state, national, world news and alerts
- In-depth analysis and investigative reporting
- Coverage of local and national sports, including the Packers, Brewers, Bucks, Badgers, Golden Eagles, Panthers and high school sports
- Local and national arts and entertainment news, including music, arts and theater
- Award-winning food, dining, home, garden and lifestyle coverage
- Local and national business news
- Local and national opinions, editorials and letters to the editor
- Real-time traffic and weather updates
- Comics, puzzles, games, horoscopes and more
Download the new Journal Sentinel iPad app now.
What's New in Version 1.8.1
Great content, lousy app
I subscribe primarily to follow the Packers and MJS has the best coverage in the State (too bad
Tom Oates isn't on the MJS Staff). Problems:
1) I need to delete and re-install app on my Ipad every 4/5 days. The individual articles load, but the "front pages" do not load ( e.g. The sports section page will not load, but the drop down list will populate and the articles are there
2) Getting to stats is diabolical - I finally figured out how to do it the other day
Step 1 - go to front page of Sports Section ( if it loads that is)
Step 2 - click on stats & scores
step 3 - Click on league (NFL, NBA, etc)
Step 4 - click on team stats
Step 5 - click thru until you find game vs. season-to-date stats
3) many links take you JS Online - which looks like the paper version. An extremely annoying feature is that you have to log on again for JS Online, even though you are clicking thru from the app.
4) The ipad version has a better drop down menu than the iPhone (the Packers are listed in the Ipad drop down menu as an option, which doesn't exist on the iPhone versions )
5) the blog posts seem to show up randomly on the app --- much easier to find in JSOnline, but not a friendly format for reading.
6) the more I write this I realize the app is really only good as a reader for articles and frankly has me thinking about going back to paper.
Want to stick with my local news source, but...
In an attempt to enter the 21st century, I switched my JS subscription from print to digital. The quality of this app is making me regret that decision.
Stories from past weeks sit at the top of my feed. New articles are buried randomly within piles of yesterday's news. Random crashes almost daily.
Fix this. And soon. JS is a strong paper that deserves a strong app, but there are plenty of user friendly digital options out there that would love to take my money. Stop making that option so tempting. Please.
Only good for first 20 articles
The app seems to work well for the first 20 articles. That is all the liberal-slanted JSO rag allows per month without buying a subscription. However, at the beginning of each month you are allowed another 20 articles, but this app never resets itself like the cookies on your computer do, so you'll have to delete and then reload the app each month. Other than that, the app works well.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 02, 2015
- Version: 1.8.1
- Size: 31.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- © 2015, Journal Sentinel Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.