**If you can not access the music library on iOS10, check that mimiCopy is ON in "Settings" in "Privacy" -> "Media Library".
mimiCopy is a music player that helps guitarists and other musicians 'learn by ear' a track of their choice. You can playback at slower speed without any change in pitch, or use the waveform view to skip to a particular segment or set a loop. You can also load your favorite track from your iPod library!
- Time stretch function for playing back at different speeds without any change in pitch.
Ideal for slow playback of fast phrases.
(Features the high-quality time stretch engine(*1))
- pitch shift function. Adjustment range: ±1 octave
- Waveform view for easily skipping to a desired segment or setting a (A-B)loop.
- Simple (A-B)loop setup by tapping the start and end positions during playback. Loop intervals can be set to three locations.
- Quick rewind function for going back to replay just the few seconds that you've missed.
- Supports importing of tracks from your iPod library.(*2)
- File import via WiFi or USB.
- Option to disable Auto-Lock while the main view is open.
- Universal app (supports iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad).
- Memo function.
- Flexible audio routing. mimiCopy has its own volume control. It can also adjust the right and left volume. or can change the right and left channel.
- Intuitive and hassle-free interface.
Let mimiCopy be your handy sidekick in your music life.
* Some functions are features of the Pro version. Pro version users must register (registration is free).
- Transcribe speeches, interviews, conferences, etc.
- Enjoy seminars and podcasts at faster (or slower) speed.
(High-quality time stretch engine makes listening easier than with iPod's generic 1/2x and 2x playback)
If mimiCopy shows "unknown error", try following:
When the dialog of opening cannot be closed, please force the app to close or reboot your device. .
Force the app to close:
1. From the Home screen, double-click the Home button to display recently used apps.
2. Tap and hold the app until a red minus appears. Tap the red minus to quit the app.
3. Tap on the Home screen, above, to return.
Became a fan of mimiCopy on Facebook!
(*1)Featuring the time stretch engine by P SOFTHOUSE Co.,Ltd.
(*2)DRM protected files(Song bought from iTunes) are not supported. iTunes Plus files are supported. Other files may not be supported depending on the encoding format.
How to handle Open In (Import from other applications) has been changed.
After this version, files will be imported into a folder named Migration.
If you placed a file in the Inbox folder in the previous version, the file will be moved automatically when updating.
In addition, bugs related to import has also been fixed.
When copying files to mimiCopy on file sharing on Windows, it was fixed that some files could not be read. Problems may still occur if you use some letters for file names. In that case please change the file name.
※Due to iOS limitation, Apple Music songs can not be loaded.
Ratings and Reviews
Waste if you use Apple Music
You can’t import music that you have license to use but don’t own. Waste of money for me. My son wants to use it to slow down music to learn guitar chords. Try before you buy I guess....
Worth every penny!
I've been using this app on a daily basis for the last 4 years. If you are a professional musician doing pick-up/sub gigs, you need this app. Some of the most useful features are the ability to 1) use loop markers for 3 separate sections of a song, 2) isolate left/right channel and 3) organize folders and rename files 4) transpose songs in not only half-step increments, but then further fine-tune (if necessary) in increments of .01. Those features are just scratching the surface of what this app can do for you.
Even at the lowest playback speed, this player exhibits exceptional sound quality.
I have occasionally encountered an error message regarding DRM protected content for songs I have already purchased through iTunes. I could be wrong, but I assume it's due to metadata embedded on the track. There are two work-arounds for that, in my experience. The first is locating the file on PC/Mac and uploading over Wifi. There are step-by-step instructions for doing that within the app. The other is locating the file on Mac system and air-dropping/open with mimiCopy.
I use this on both iPad and iPhone and works perfectly on both.
The most worthwhile app I've purchased and the most important app on my iPad. I would consider this a necessity for any musician. This was the first player I've used and it's easy to use and has an exception sound quality even at the lowest speed setting.
The solution I have been looking for
I have used many slow-down programs for learning music over the past few years, but have been very frustrated with most of them. Some take longer to learn and are not very user-friendly. All of them had one major flaw (IMO) and that was they would not read from my iTunes library. I had to first burn the song to a CD and then rip it back in as an MP3 before I could select a segment to slow down and loop.
I had written to Apple and asked if they would add this function as a plug-in to the iTunes player, but my suggestion was ignored.
Then, along comes mimiCopy. This does exactly what I want and is relatively easy to use. Thank you for filling a need when I needed it most! I am telling my friends about this app.
- ART Teknika, Inc.
- 23.1 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 ART Teknika Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Pro version $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.