Mind Magnets Info Organizer—Visual Grid Checklists
By Adams Immersive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Organize bits of info VISUALLY instead of using lists. TOGGLE your labeled “magnets” on/off with a tap. MOVE them, ARRANGE them, give them COLORS and SHAPES. It’s simple and fun!
FREE sale to celebrate version 2!
Mind Magnets is like a little “bulletin board” you can fill with mini-notes about anything you want. Your magnets always snap into place in tidy grid rows. Each magnet has three states: TAP it on/off, or DOUBLE-TAP for “maybe” with a question mark badge.
WHY IS A GRID BETTER THAN A LIST?
• Lists lack organization. But Mind Magnets can be moved around and grouped any way you like, with 10 shapes and 40 colors.
• No scrolling: see 45 items at once on an iPhone, or 108 on an iPad, or 300 on the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
• Quick and easy: color, shape and position help you remember where each item is at a glance.
Use Mind Magnets as a visual shopping list, to-do list, trip packing list, task organizer, habit tracker, or a way to track any small bits of info—from game scores and character sheets, to event RSVPs, to brainstorming and planning, to exercise routines.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
• Finished with an item for now? Tap to “check it off” and it will turn dark until you need it again.
• Want a label with no shape around it? Just choose the black color.
• Export a screenshot by clicking the Home and Sleep buttons at the same time.
LIMITATIONS: This app does not support emoji, Voiceover mode, or cloud sync.
THANKS FOR TRYING MY APP! I’d love to hear what uses you find for it. Problems? Feature requests? Let me know at adamsimmersive.com.
YOU CAN HELP me improve this app by telling your friends about Mind Magnets! (Formerly: DotSpace.)
— Morgan Adams
(If you like organized thinking, you might also like my iMessage sticker pack: “Logical Fallacies & Cognitive Biases.” 36 popular logical fallacies, cognitive biases, and red herrings, ready to rubber-stamp your friends’ messages.)
What's New in Version 2.0.0
On / Off / Maybe?… 3-state dots! DOUBLE-TAP any dot for a “?” badge.
Version 2 also brings new SHAPES, new COLORS, quieter SOUNDS, many small improvements, and a new name.
Thanks for using my app! Please contact me at adamsimmersive.com with any problems or requests.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 2
• Now 10 SHAPES, up from 3: new round-cornered “squircle” shape, two kinds of starbursts, diamonds, hexagons, octagons, and smaller shapes good for minor items.
• Now 40 COLORS, up from 27, re-organized in columns from left to right: 12 bright colors, 8 pastels, 8 muted colors, 8 dark colors, and 4 grays. Most new colors are in the “muted” (5 new) and “dark” (3 new) groups. There’s also a new brighter blue (bottom of 1st column), a new pastel orange (bottom of 4th column), and a new middle gray.
• 3 ITEM STATES. Tapping still toggles “On” / “Off” as always, but double-tapping sets the optional new “Maybe” state: just like On but with a big question mark. (You can still turn the item Off with a single tap as usual. Or double-tap the “Maybe” item again to remove the question mark and leave it On.)
• That’s a total of 1200 ITEM STYLES now possible, up from 162.
• Only one of the shapes is an actual “dot,” so it was time for a better name than “DotSpace” and a better metaphor. Your bits of info are now “MAGNETS” that snap into place.
• The round-cornered “SQUIRCLE” is now the default shape. Try it! It fits text well. (But the old circle dots are still there too.)
• A shortcut for Bluetooth keyboard users: hit the TAB KEY to exit text editing and commit your changes. (The app is portrait-mode only for now. I’m still looking at ways to handle rotation.)
• Several fixes for better MULTI-LINE TEXT EDITING, and for editing on 4-inch iPhones (5, 5s, SE).
• This version is built for iOS 8, 9 AND 10 ONLY. (If you prefer to stay with iOS 7, the previous version still works.)
• All interface clicks are now quieter—reduced to 1/3 volume. (Still adjustable with the device volume buttons and mute control.)
• New On/Off toggle sound—even quieter (1/6 volume).
• Tapping a magnet during editing used to bring up the keyboard (when not already active) AND toggle the magnet On/Off at the same time. Those actions should be separate, and now they are.
• A few of the darkest and brightest colors are now just slightly less extreme, for better visibility with different screens in different lighting conditions.
• Two of the light blues were too similar on some screens. One is now more clearly a muted/grayish blue (top of 6th column).
• When black (label-only) magnets were toggled, the dark Off state was too similar to the bright On state. Now the Off state is darkened more clearly.
• Emoji still can’t be used, but no longer display a weird shape if you try.
• Better help animation with less mutant-looking hand.
• No longer possible to accidentally trigger help animation while editing.
• Editing mode launches faster.
• Editing icons now spaced less far apart on iPads (especially 12.9” iPad Pro).
• Palette swatches are less huge on non-12.9” iPads.
• Fixed graphical glitch: stray edge when choosing black swatch.
• Fixed graphical glitch: editor view of magnet no longer shrinks if app is interrupted during editing.
• Dynamic trashcan button now shows current magnet shape.
• New splash screen graphic and app icon.
I am also working on other new features, guided by your helpful emails (while being careful not to lose the app’s simplicity). Need more space? So do I!
I can be reached at adamsimmersive.com. Thanks for letting me know how you use Mind Magnets, and how it could work better for you.
(Also check out my free iMessage sticker pack app: “Logical Fallacies & Cognitive Biases”—36 popular logical fallacies, cognitive biases, and red herrings, ready to rubber-stamp your friends’ messages! Lucky them.)
The best organizational tool I've ever tried! The possibilities are endless. In addition to multiple to-do lists, I set up one area to track my daily meals and calories and another area for upcoming events. The option of including longer lists in a single dot works well for complicated tasks, even if the text is small. I only have to read the list on the keyboard screen to see it larger. I love the new shapes, colors and font. It gets better with each update! Version 2 adds almost everything I need! I installed it on both my iPad and my iPhone. I use the iPhone for my grocery list and toggle each item off as I put in in the cart. No more forgotten items!
Finally updated! THANK YOU!
I only found this app several months ago but it was perfect for me. Since it was so out of date and seemed to be abandoned I scoured the AppStore to find anything remotely similar that was current. No luck at all. It was still usable on my 7 plus running the latest iOS, so I kept it. I'm so glad this was updated, though. I have barely looked at the changes and I'm already loving it.
I just found this and really like the concept BUT it does not share between devices. Meaning that I started creating magnets on my iPad and then loaded it on my phone and they are not there. Please fix to share between devices! This is SO cool but as a reminder based tool it needs to be transparent between my devices but are IOS and share almost everything. Easy Peasy.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 26, 2017
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 48.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Adams Immersive
- © 2016–2017 Morgan Adams
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.