Don't count calories. Eat mindfully. Track meals in a snap with this super fast photo food journal. Simple habits are the surest way to achieve your goals, so being consistent is key. With Mindfull, it's easy: Get a reminder, take a photo, enjoy!
Food journaling in 2 steps:
1. Get a reminder when it's time to eat (optional).
2. Take a picture and/or write a note. Done!
- Automatically detects the meal based on time of day
- Optionally enter text notes (or just notes and no picture)
- Set reminders for each meal individually, or none at all
- Save steps with 3D Touch to jump straight to the camera
- Passcode/Touch ID lock to keep your food diary private
- No ads or in-app purchases. Buy once and own it.
iPhone X support!
Ratings and Reviews
I like it. I have one suggestion.
I like this app. I have the same problem with the picture kinda not “lining up” when you take a photo. I’m using iPhone 5s. It would be very useful if there was some kind of indication (even just a tiny red dot or anything) maybe up in the very corner of only the photos that you have made a note on. This way when your dietitian, nutritionist, trainer or doctor goes to check out your food photo journal for the week or month, they’ll be able to clearly see (without having to open every photo) if you have made a note about certain ones. Or even if you like to make notes just for yourself about the calorie amount or protein amount or something, you’d be able to see at a glance which ones have a note and which ones don’t. That way if you’re taking a moment to add in notes, you don’t have to open each photo to see if you’ve already made a note or not.
Now I get it - and I like it
I was disappointed at first with this app because I thought the pictures were in the wrong order , and I expected each day would start with a new set of pics.
But then I realized it’s brilliance is in not separating days.
By keeping a running tally of everything I eat in pictures I can see just how often I am making pore choices. Or just how short that “ long eating healthy streak” really was. What I love is the ability to change the date & time. So I can add last nights meals this morning and put them in order by changing date & time.
I am now a big fan of this app ! If I were going add anything it would be the ability to import a pic in case I have the pic from another device.
Great but could benefit from a few tweaks
Like the app. Nice and simple and like that you can make comments. A couple of things:
- the pictures don’t always line up. Would be nice to be able to edit the photo to rotate if needed
- would also be nice to have a different view as well like sorting them into an at-a-glance for the day instead of all together. It’s easy to lose track of what was eaten in a day
- is there a time stamp for entries?
- bonus might be having the ability to edit the type of meal - morning snack, afternoon snack etc
Working great for keeping a food diary for my nutritionist though!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.