MindNode 2 – Delightful Mind Mapping
By IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MindNode makes mind mapping delightful. Mind maps are a visual representation of your ideas, starting with a central thought and growing from there. MindNode allows you to brainstorm, organize & share your thoughts in an intuitive way, so you can focus on the idea behind it. The clean interface lets you concentrate on generating and connecting thoughts, and an infinitely expanding canvas means that no matter how big or complicated your project gets, MindNode can keep up.
MindNode has helped students, artists and project managers to be more creative with less effort.
Brainstorming — Just Start With Your Ideas
• Create new ideas with a single click
• Create multiple mind maps on a self-expanding canvas
• Create connections between otherwise unrelated topics
• Fullscreen mode lets you brainstorm without distractions
• Add photos and stickers to illustrate your ideas
Organizing – Think Content, not Layout
• Simply rearrange your thoughts and hide entire branches to stay on top of your idea
• Automatically keep complicated mind maps organized using Smart Layout
• Highlight important nodes using different colors, fonts, and strokes
• Add notes to topics and labels to connections for additional details
• Easily browse large and complicated maps using a built-in outline
• Get things done by turning nodes into tasks, with parent nodes showing your progress
Sharing — Spread Your Thoughts Easily
• Access all your mind maps from your iPhone, iPad or Mac using iCloud Drive
• Share interactive documents publicly via the web through our MyMindNode service
• Export your tasks to Apple’s Reminders, Things, and OmnifFocus
• Import your mind map from MindManager, FreeMind, OPML, Markdown, TaskPaper, CSV, or text outline
• Export your mind map as a PDF, FreeMind, OPML, PNG, Markdown, TaskPaper, Microsoft Word, CSV, or text outline
MindNode for iOS
Create mind maps with the tap of your finger on your iPad and iPhone. Browse them on your Apple Watch and automatically share them between all your devices using iCloud Drive. MindNode for iOS is available on the App Store.
MindNode for AppleWatch
View your mind maps and tasks directly on your wrist using MindNode for Apple Watch. Free with MindNode for iOS.
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! IdeasOnCanvas offers free support. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on twitter at @mindnode. You can also read our User Guides or browse our FAQs on http://mindnode.com/support.
What's New in Version 2.4.5
• Fixes a crash when changing the selection with the keyboard after undo
• Fixes a crash related to changing the sort ordering of nodes
• Fixes an issue related to ordering of node in left-only layout
MindNode now supports the new MacBook Pro with TouchBar. Toggle the sidebar, create nodes, fold/unfold branches or create new notes using the new TouchBar. You can also fully configure the TouchBar to fit your workflow.
• Improves dragging of colors from color well
• Don’t allow to interact with disabled color wells
• Fixes showing the color well chevron on macOS Sierra
• Improves color well drawing on macOS Sierra
• Ensure images are crispy when zooming in
• Fixes the "Insert New Parent Node" context menu
• Fixes a bug where the node well didn’t show up after creating a new node
• Adds support for importing CloudOutliner OPML files
• Correctly reset style when several nodes are selected
• Use correct font alignment icons in inspector
• Fixes a crash when opening and closing the content inspector too quickly
• Fixes a bug during text editing that could cause branches to move around
• Fixes an undo bug related to branch redrawing
• Fixes an issue related to opening old TaskPaper documents
• Fixes a sort order bug when pasting a text list onto a main node
• Retain a correct selection when detaching a node
• Ensure nodes have the correct branch color when they are dragged to a new tree
• Fixes a crash when loading MyMindNode documents
• Use the correct border style when pasting a branch onto the canvas
• Fixes a bug related to sorting of main nodes in the outline
If you like this update, please consider reviewing us on the App Store. This helps us a lot. Thank you!
Forces you to buy to try features….which don’t work properly
Update: the developers quickly got back to me and indicated they confirmed the problem and will be addressing it in a forthcoming update. Very professional and responsive.
I’m still not sure mind mapping works for me, but I have to say this app uses the Touch Bar more effectively than any other I’ve seen.
Original:I downloaded the demo to try MindNode’s TaskPaper import. It wouldn’t import a TaskPaper file.
I decided to take my chances and purchased the full version, only to discover massive data loss when importing from TaskPaper files. All TaskPaper tags are missing in MindNode, and even worse, every line which include a tag has lost all the text that follows that tag. For example,
biggest problem @openQ is that the text may end up raising more questions than it answers
was imported into MindNode as
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 27, 2016
- Version: 2.4.5
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- © 2016 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor