MindNode helps you connect your thoughts and clarify your ideas. Try a free 2-week trial of the full app.
A clean interface and focused feature set enable you to develop your project. Start with a thought, then take your project from first steps, to the next level, and into action.
LET MINDNODE WORK FOR YOU
• Capture your thoughts
Whether as words, images, links, tasks, or extended notes, capture your thoughts in any form. Don’t worry about order and importance. You’re just getting started.
Features like Quick Entry make adding different thoughts easy and intuitive. Smart Layout means you don’t have to worry about how your document looks. MindNode will always make sure it is readable and beautiful.
• Explore the connections
Your document reflects your changing understanding as you add more thoughts. Connect, reconnect and detach as often as you like. Folding branches to focus on one thought makes it even easier to explore an idea in-depth. Discover unexpected connections and create something unique.
• Organize your idea
MindNode helps clarify the context and connections from one thought to another. Add individual styles to text and nodes to understand complex information at a glance. Outline view gives a new perspective on the flow of ideas.
• Share your project
Present or export your document. Beautiful layouts and themes make sharing a MindNode document with your team or family a pleasure. Send tasks to Reminders or OmniFocus. Export your project as OPML, FreeMind or text outline to continue work on your project. Using our free web service myMindNode, you can share your documents with your colleagues, no matter the devices they are on.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT MINDNODE
"The app keeps out of your way, so it doesn't interrupt your thought processes." – New York Times
"Mind Node totally saved a client presentation today. Thank you. The speed with which I could translate my ideas to a flow… amazing." – Robert, Interaction Designer
"You have no idea how useful this Quick Entry feature is for a novel I’m planning. Over-organization in the planning stage has been my Achilles heel. Thank you! Truly best in class." – Eric A. Bowers, Author
STAY PRODUCTIVE ON THE GO
Whether it's your iPhone when on the go, your iPad or Mac at work, or your Apple Watch during a workout, with MindNode you stay productive wherever you are. Deep system integration lets you store your files in iCloud Drive and access them on all your devices. MindNode for iOS sold separately.
OUR MAJOR FEATURES
• Nodes with titles, notes, images, tasks and links
• Quick Entry
• Branches and connections to show different types of relationships
• Outline view, including search
• Multiple themes and unlimited personal themes
• Many styling options for all parts of the document
• Top-down and horizontal layouts
• Two branch shapes, multiple node shapes
• Full screen mode
• Export to text, pdf, image and outline formats
• Share tasks to Reminders, Things and OmniFocus
• myMindNode, free web service to create sharable documents
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter @mindnode. Let us know if you have questions or issues. We’re always glad to help.
TRY MINDNODE FREE
MindNode is a free app with In-App purchases. The free app allows you to view your documents, as well as share them.
• You can unlock a free 2-week trial.
• Unlock the full app with all features with a one time purchase.
• MindNode is now fully optimized for macOS Mojave's Dark Mode
• In MindNode's preferences you can adapt the appearance to your needs: use the system default or choose light or dark mode
• One new Dark Mode optimized theme (Slate) to help you better focus on your ideas
• You can now increase the size of the outline to give mind map and outline the same space
• The outline is not the only sidebar you can resize, earlier this year we also added the ability to resize the Notes sidebar
• Launch Quick Entry or import documents using new URL-Schemes - Learn all the details in our User Guide
• Use "Copy URL Scheme" in the Share-menu to create a URL to the document
• Use your iPhone or iPad to snap photos, scan documents and import them directly into your document
• You can use Continuity Camera to add photos of presentation slides when taking notes or to add images when preparing for an exam
• Adds 5 new stickers (Apple, Cake, Clock, Pie, Tree)
• Adds support to export your tasks to OmniFocus 3
• Improves Marked 2 integration by including images in the preview
• Improves text legibility for custom highlight colors during text editing
• Allows to disable the background during printing
• Changes the "Show Notes Inspector" context menu to "Show Notes Popover"
• Highlights nodes on canvas when changing selection in outline
• Improves the sidebar layout to offer a more consistent look
• Adds a shortcut to clear the current selection (Control-Option-Command-A)
• Improves error reporting when opening a document with missing images
• Fixes a crash during node resizing
• Ensures that selected nodes stays visible, when moving them using the arrow keys
• Outline entries with a lot of text content are sized correctly
• Fixes an issue related to syncing task stats with Reminders on Mojave
• Fixes an issue that allowed giving a theme an empty title
• Shows hints for all toolbar items
• Fixes a crash when opening the photo picker
Ratings and Reviews
Everything starts with an idea. Lay your thoughts on a canvas and get them organized.
If you’re serious about mindmapping...
…then this the program for you. MindNode 5 is one of the most expensive programs I’ve ever bought and it took me a while to come around to buying it. If you only need to make occasional mindmap style diagrams this probably isn’t for you. After experimenting with different brain storming and note taking styles I decided I liked this philosophy best and wanted to make it a bigger part of my workflow. I would encourage anyone interested to use the trial and if you decide its something you’ll use every day then there’s no better program for mind map style notes. MyMindNode also makes it really easy to share. I personally think if you spend $40 on the Mac version the iOS version should be included because you’re going to want to use them both and then you’ve got over $50 in it. SimpleMind is $30 with a free version but the Pro features are specific and useful enough that you have to get it and MindNode is much nicer and not far off in price. So if you’re serious about visual notes, this is the best. Another thing about MindNode is that it’s just plain fun to use. Anytime I find myself with a blank screen I pull up MindNode and just doodle around for a while. You can’t really get the same experience from a text outliner.
MindNode 5 is a professional workflow necessity!
MindNode 5 builds upon the 2nd version without creating a bloated interface. It is as clean and functional as the Apple technology it runs on. I firmly believe that mind mapping is a must for creative professionals. It effectively allows you to conceptulize large amounts of data and refine information visually. With that being said, MindNode offers a better UI/UX than it’s other competitors on the App store. I have installed the trial version of Simple Mind and although it is packed with more features, it’s interface comes off as clunky and not very user-friendly in comparison to MindNode. One such example is that to import pictures you must go through a file-browser as opposed to drag-and-drop. Also, Simple Mind also doesn’t allow for convenient picture preview window when pressing the spacebar (albeit it runs on more OS’s). For $40 I would consider this software a good value considering its practical applications and would definitely advise upgrading. The developers have been responsive to my messages and I recommend sending information to IdeasOnCanvas regarding MindNode’s functionality and user-interface. If you are unsure about integrating this product into your workflow, get the 2-week trial version before purchasing!
- IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- 21.8 MB
- macOS 10.13 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.