MindNode – Delightful Mind Mapping
By IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MindNode makes mind mapping delightful. Mind maps are a visual representation of your ideas, starting with a central thought and growing from there. MindNode allows you to brainstorm, organize & share your thoughts in an intuitive way, so you can focus on the idea behind it. The clean interface lets you concentrate on generating and connecting thoughts, and an infinitely expanding canvas means that no matter how big or complicated your project gets, MindNode can keep up.
MindNode has helped students, artists and project managers to be more creative with less effort.
Brainstorming — Just Start With Your Ideas
• Create new ideas with a tap of your finger
• Create multiple mind maps on a self-expanding canvas
• Create connections between otherwise unrelated topics
• Add photos and stickers to illustrate your ideas
Organizing – Think Content, not Layout
• Simply rearrange your thoughts and hide entire branches to stay on top of your idea
• Automatically keep complicated mind maps organized using Smart Layout
• Highlight important nodes using different colors, fonts, and strokes
• Add notes to topics and labels to connections for additional details
• Easily browse large and complicated maps using a built-in outline
Sharing — Spread Your Thoughts Easily
• Access all your mind maps from your iPhone, iPad or Mac using iCloud Drive
• Share interactive documents publicly via the web through our MyMindNode service
• Import your mind map from MindManager, FreeMind, OPML or text outline.
• Export your mind map as a PDF, FreeMind, OPML, PNG, Markdown or text outline
MindNode for Mac
Create mind maps on your Mac and automatically share them between all your devices using iCloud Drive. MindNode for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! IdeasOnCanvas offers free support. You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on twitter at @mindnode. You can also read our User Guides or browser our FAQs on http://mindnode.com/support.
What's New in Version 4.1.2
• Fixes a crash when launching the app on iOS 8
• Fixes a crash when trying to open a non http link
• Fixes a crash when trying to send a file to iCloud Drive
Very Well Thought Out
For a mobile app, this is very well thought out. I wish the fold/unfold was a little easier to use. Currently fold is located in the context menu, which isn't bad, but I'd love to be able to maybe press and hold on a node to expand/collapse it's children. Moving items from one note to another is a dream. I wish reorganizing a map was easier. Hard to do if it's in smart layout mode. Gotta switch to manual and reorder things, then switch back to smart mode.
I love that this app uses iCloud. It's actually the reason I'm switching from competitor MindMaple which doesn't allow me to work on the same document on two different devices. It uses a cumbersome saving and uploading to Dropbox then redox loading back from Dropbox. Constantly having conflicts or not saving.
This app is also far more beautiful and well thought out from a usability standpoint.
Why is this worth $10?
UPDATE: I just discovered that this does not have a way to search within a mindmap. I think that is a huge flaw and I'm now deducting two starts, until they FIX this.
For a long time, I have wondered about the answer to that question being that I own both SimpleMind and iMindQ. That is particularly given that there is no Windows PC version of MindNode. Well, now I know the answer. It has found the sweet spot in the balance between structure and freedom. When you create a mind map you want the flexibility to place topics wherever you want them. At the same time you don't want to have to keep your topics from turning into chaos. MindNode gives you that freedom, but it also puts topics in places automatically where they logically be long. That, together with having all the other usual features that my maps should have, makes it worth $10.
Balances design with features
I use this app to outline and plan out lecture outlines that will be converted into slides later. I'm very happy with the current state of the app: it is attractive and pleasing to use while offering the most important, necessary features. It's also actively maintained, unlike a lot of outliners on the App Store. I also use iThoughts, and my sense is they take slightly different approaches: Mind Node is cleaner and more straightforward, with core features implemented well. iThoughts is like a "Swiss Army knife" of mapping software and is very powerful. Mind Node does offer a terrific outline view pane that makes navigating a large map easy. Uses iCloud. I love the outline view when multitasking!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 4.1.2
- Size: 15.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- © 2015 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.