MindNode – Delightful Mind Mapping
By IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MindNode makes mind mapping delightful. Mind maps are a visual representation of your ideas, starting with a central thought and growing from there. MindNode allows you to brainstorm, organize & share your thoughts in an intuitive way, so you can focus on the idea behind it. The clean interface lets you concentrate on generating and connecting thoughts, and an infinitely expanding canvas means that no matter how big or complicated your project gets, MindNode can keep up.
MindNode has helped students, artists and project managers to be more creative with less effort.
Brainstorming — Just Start With Your Ideas
• Create new ideas with a tap of your finger
• Create multiple mind maps on a self-expanding canvas
• Create connections between otherwise unrelated topics
• Add photos and stickers to illustrate your ideas
Organizing – Think Content, not Layout
• Simply rearrange your thoughts and hide entire branches to stay on top of your idea
• Automatically keep complicated mind maps organized using Smart Layout
• Highlight important nodes using different colors, fonts, and strokes
• Add notes to topics and labels to connections for additional details
• Easily browse large and complicated maps using a built-in outline
• Get things done by turning nodes into tasks, with parent nodes showing your progress
Sharing — Spread Your Thoughts Easily
• Access all your mind maps from your iPhone, iPad or Mac using iCloud Drive
• Share interactive documents publicly via the web through our MyMindNode service
• Import your mind map from MindManager, FreeMind, OPML or text outline.
• Export your mind map as a PDF, FreeMind, OPML, PNG, Markdown or text outline
• Export your tasks to Apple’s Reminders
MindNode for Mac
Create mind maps on your Mac and automatically share them between all your devices using iCloud Drive. MindNode for Mac is available on the Mac App Store.
If you have any feedback or questions, we’d love to hear from you! IdeasOnCanvas offers free support. You can reach us by email at email@example.com, or on twitter at @mindnode. You can also read our User Guides or browser our FAQs on http://mindnode.com/support.
What's New in Version 4.2.5
• Fixes a crash that occurred when closing the app or using split screen mode on iPad.
• Fixes a crash that was caused by background iCloud updates.
• Fixes a layout bug during text editing, when manual layout is enabled.
If you need help or if you encountered an issue with MindNode, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like what we are doing, please also consider reviewing us on the App Store. Thank you!
quality product but needs more for ipad
MindNode is a solid mind mapping product. I use the desktop verison as well and think its the best one out there.
However, the iPad verison is really in need of an update. I find entry a bit slow with the keyboard, and it requires learning a lot of new keyboard commands. Its just not a fluid entry process like a bulleted list for dumping ideas quickly.
Another needed feature is import. There's a missed opportunity to use iOS' share capabilities. Imagine selecting a bulleted list from any program (say, Notes or a page in Safari), tap share, and have it imported as a new MindNode document. Barring that, simply having any import capabilities would be great.
Finally, Apple Pencil support. Mind maps are all about the visual presentation of ideas, and adding a quick sketch to a node would add a lot, let alone being able to sketch on the whole canvas. Obviously that may break layout as more nodes were added, but there may be opportunities to structure certain pencil inputs (arrows to nodes) while treating others as floating bitmaps.
In summary, mindmapping works when it's fluid and fast. Right now MindNode is a solid, well-designed app, but needs to update the design to reduce the friction between you and your document.
My External Brain
The developers at Mindnode are really awesome, and I love them, not that I've met any of them, but let me explain. They are very attentive to the software bugs that extrude their unpleasantries to the shiny surface; they also add new features regularly, as well as taking advantage of trendy hardware additions: the Apple Watch and Apple's 3D touch, just to name a couple. As a writing hobbyist, I find mind mapping to be the most functional method for storing ideas quickly and fluently, and Mindnode does it elegantly. This is definitely my greatest investment in 2016 so far.
Best mind mapping app with best developer
The developer who makes this app is continuously refining and honing it. You can tell every feature is carefully considered.
It's on my home screen and never a let down. It's extremely intuitive, powerful and looks exactly how you'd want your mind mapping application to look.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 13, 2016
- Version: 4.2.5
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- © 2016 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.