Watch a video review and overview of Minechat:
Connect to online Minecraft servers on your mobile device. You can chat and send commands just as if you are using the Minecraft client. Send commands just as you do while playing Minecraft (/r, /ban, /kick etc).
- Alerts! You can add words or phrases that you want to highlight and make a sound. For instance add your user name or a list of banned words. When a chat message comes across that matches, it will highlight and ding!
- Connect to "Online" and "Offline" Minecraft servers
- Supports Minecraft 1.4.6 and higher.
- Automatically spawn on connect.
- Hide server messages (Join and Left messages).
- Email your conversation.
- No limit on servers in your server list.
- Tap on a user in the Online tab to start a "Tell" to that player.
- Tap a message on the Message tab to "Reply", "Tell", or email the conversation.
- Messages automatically scroll. If you manually scroll up the auto scrolling will stop so you can read previous messages. To re-enable auto scrolling, simply scroll to the bottom of the messages and it will scroll automatically again.
- MineChat does not work with servers that require client modification such as Tekkit.
- MineChat will work over 3G/4G, but eats up a good bit of data and can run slow depending on your connection. So it is recommended you are on WI-fi when in using MineChat.
- MineChat does not support Forge Modloader servers.
- MineChat sends a spawn command automatically upon connection to help prevent your character from getting killed while using the app. However, not all servers support the spawn command or have delay before teleporting you which leaves your character vulnerable during that time period. Be sure you are aware how your server handles spawning.
MineChat does not send any credentials or information of any kind to any third party servers. The only information transmitted is directly to Minecraft servers. It uses the exact same login method as the Minecraft game uses. It transmits login credentials over SSL and uses encryption while transmitting game data.
For additional information or issues when connecting, please contact us directly as we cannot respond to App Store reviews.
Use the Email button in the Settings tab for help or suggestions.
Like us on Facebook
- Support for Minecraft 1.13.2
Ratings and Reviews
Pushes other servers on you & still not T-Mobile compatible
In addition to my previous comments (which I’ve left below) another “perk” that the paid version gave was the ability to hide/turn off the promoted & featured servers. Now with the most recent update that ability has been taken away. I’m not using minechat to look for new servers, I’m using it to connect to my server only. Now my server is hid all the way at the bottom and I have to scroll to find it, where as before it was right the top.
I bought the paid version in the hopes I would be able to use minechat while away from home (away from wifi) since y'know that's the only reason I need it in the first place. The paid version is just as bad as the lite version in that when I am on my data I can not connect to any servers. Every single server comes up as "Error" in red until I connect to wifi. As soon as I connect to wifi I get the "#/#" player count in green. Was not worth the $2.99 I spent on it, not when I get the exact same results from the lite version.
(I have T-Mobile as my service provider if that helps any)
I love using this app! It's great way to chat with my friends on the go and I can easily do any staff work that needs to be done for the server. One problem I'm having since the update is the extreme lag with the chat. The lag gets so bad that a message i've typed doesn't get sent for the next minute or so. I thought that it might be the server but when I exit out and use the MC Launcher, the server isn't lagging. If you could release a bug fix for the lag, that would be great! I think it has to do with hundreds of people sending a message too fast. Though i've never had this problem previously...
Please go back to the old layout
I'm not entirely sure when the entire layout for the app got changed but it was 100 times better before the change in my opinion. Now it's just such a confusing cluster and it looks way worse than how it used to look, and once you've been using the app for more than a couple minutes it gets so slow and takes forever just to type one message. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the old layout in my opinion, and I have no idea why the entire thing got changed when it was working perfectly fine before.
Developer Response ,
Please email us your suggestions
- Kelly Productions Inc.
- 103.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Promoted Video $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.