Minecraft Explorer Pro HD
By 57Digital Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Officially supported by Mojang! Over 5 million downloads and counting!
* Now supports Desktop, Pocket and Xbox 360 Editions! *
Minecraft Explorer Pro HD is the ultimate companion for any Minecraft player. It's specifically designed for viewing on the iPad.
This application allows you to:
- Find out about Minecraft for the Desktop, Pocket and Xbox 360 Editions
- Search for items and potions by name
- Look up hundreds of item recipes with detailed information and videos, now includes potions!
- Enchantment Guide (now included free!)
- Explore thousands of online servers - all checked daily to ensure offline servers are not displayed
- Add your own server to the app for millions of people to see! (optional extra)
- Design your own Minecraft skins* (optional extra), upload to Minecraft or share with the world (see "Tools" tab)
- Rate servers to influence their ranking in the app
- Share servers with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or by email
- View Mob information by name and category
- Item ID's in an easy to read list
- Favourite items, mobs, enchantments and server listings
-- Note: This is not a game. It's for reference only --
* Skin Studio requires unlocking using In-App Purchase
==== IMPORTANT ====
"Minecraft" is a trademark of Mojang AB.
Requires a minimum of iOS 5.0. We can no longer support older versions of iOS as Apple do not support anything less than iOS 5.0 since iOS 6. If you are having issues installing this app because you are not using 5.0+, please upgrade your iPod Touch or iPhone using iTunes on your PC/Mac.
This version of the app may pop-up to tell you about important announcements from 57Digital Ltd. However, this will only happen in rare cases and will only ever pop-up once.
What's New in Version 3.3
- Updated content for the latest version of Minecraft!
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the content would not scroll on larger screens
- Fixed a bug where the list of items wouldn't be aligned properly
I got this app for my iPad because I've had the mobile version for some time and wanted to show my support. Overall it's a pretty good app but I'm not to impressed with this version, I would have been better off saving my $3.
Before my purchase I read the reviews and heard about the menu cut off issue. 'How bad could it be?' I found myself saying, but it's already so annoying on day one that I'm going to keep using the mobile version till this is corrected. Maybe it's just me but shouldn't this issue been caught in testing before release?
Also, I'm not to impressed by the layout. Being that this is an 'HD' version of the app I was expecting larger or clearer images and menus. How the UI is set up would be great and more like what I was hoping for if the app wasn't locked in landscape view. Seems like a waste of potential display room. I'd be fine with the main roots of the menus got overlapped or disappeared in order for a larger display of the item or article I'm trying to read about. This poor display scheme will also keep me using the mobile version. When I run the phone version on my iPad I get everything I want, just not the crispness I thought this 'HD' version would deliver.
With a small fix it could be great
The last 4 items on all long menus are not selectable. When you scroll down on a menu it will not let you utilize the last 4 categories because they are hidden when you remove your finger. You can scroll down to see them but the menu bounces back up when finger is removed from the screen. I'll change this review when the problem is fixed. I am assuming that it is an unintended bug from latest update.
Menus need fixing
Same problem as another reviewer on my iPad. Cannot select bottom items on long menus, so you lose quite a bit of functionality. App does not rotate to portrait mode. Adding review here because the "app support" link goes to a 404 page not found. Makes me question all the products from this dev.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 11, 2014
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 69.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 57Digital Ltd
- © 57Digital Ltd 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skin Studio Unlock$2.99
- Server Listing$0.99
- Avatar Pack$1.99
- Armor Pack$1.99