Minecraft: Story Mode
By Telltale Inc
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*EPISODE 1 is now available to download for FREE!*
**iPHONE 4 & 4S USERS - WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE AND RUN ON YOUR DEVICE OR YOU WILL HAVE A SUB-OPTIMAL EXPERIENCE**
***NOTE: Recommended for iPhone 5 and up, and iPad 3 and up - also requires iOS 7.1 and up***
THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME IN THE WORLD OF MINECRAFT!
In this five part episodic series, you’ll embark on a perilous adventure across the Overworld, through the Nether, to the End, and beyond. You and your friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect; slayers of the Ender Dragon. While at EnderCon in hopes of meeting Gabriel the Warrior, you and your friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and you must set out on a quest to find The Order of the Stone if you are to save your world from oblivion.
• Created by award-winning adventure game powerhouse Telltale Games, in partnership with Minecraft creators, Mojang
• Featuring the voices of Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Brian Posehn (The Sarah Silverman Program, Mission Hill), Ashley Johnson (The Last of Us, Tales from the Borderlands), Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, X-Men), Martha Plimpton (The Goonies, Raising Hope), Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, Batman: Arkham Knight), Corey Feldman (The Goonies, Stand by Me), Billy West (Futurama, Adventure Time), and Paul Reubens (Tron: Uprising, Pee-Wee’s Playhouse)
• You will drive the story through the decisions you make: what you say to people (and how you say it), and what you choose to do in moments of thrilling action will make this YOUR story
***Continue your adventures with the New Order of the Stone by purchasing the Adventure Pack (via in-app), which includes access to download Episodes Six, Seven, and Eight***
What's New in Version 1.7.0
- Increased screen resolution for iPhone 6, 7, and 8
- iPhone X compatibility update
- Miscellaneous updates
Ok. I haven't played the entire Story Mode, but I am up to date with You Tube and I played the first episode, and I have to say, pretty good game. Good graphics. Great story. One problem. And I've read many reviews, it gets this a lot.
Why do we have to flippin' pay for each and every episode? Sure, your making money off of it, but all the players are going to play like, what, once? They might play again, try different decisions, etc, but what are the chances? Besides, $5 per episode? 8 episodes? First one free. That's still $35. That is WAY to much for a game your most likely going to play once. The whole thing, if we are going to pay at all, should be $5, max.
But the thing is, this is like a movie. Movies cost a lot of money to make. I know you need to pay for a bunch of things to create this game, like voice actors and animators. However, does it need to be $35? Maybe, but it is a common complaint. Try compromising to fit the fans and your needs and wants.
An extraordinary piece of work, but...
Minecraft Story Mode is a game I have enjoyed and believe that it’s one of Telltale Games’ example of true and great gaming development and great effort they have put into every single game they have created. I have played Minecraft Story Mode since I’ve first heard of it. Although, there was one problem I encountered.
I’ve played Minecraft Story Mode on the Computer when I first downloaded it. It was great at first, and then I finished the game on episode five. Since then, I’ve stopped playing the game all together. I revisited the game once more, and tried to restore my purchases, but to my surprise, the purchases weren’t restored.
Now, I believe I know why this happens. The PC version is different than the mobile version itself. It’s not the same thing. They are the same game, but with different controls and settings due to the platform the player is using. I’ll still give it a 5 star rating due to how it has been beautifully made. It’s just like the Walking Dead: The Game.
If you know why I cannot restore my purchases from the computer version to the mobile version, I’d be glad to know.
Thank you for reading, TELLTALE GAMES.
This app is extremely immersive and interactive, and I love those types of games. However, there are two small problems. First of all, I don’t understand why you have to buy episodes 2-8. Take kids for example. Once they see something that they like that needs money to be purchased, they start asking their parents to buy it (not always though). The other thing is, can only walk around and do your own thing only during certain parts of the story. Both of these problems hardly affect my rating at all, I’m just a person who’s thinking: “What’s next?” Otherwise, Minecraft: Story Mode is the best app I have ever played.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 16, 2017
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 1.17 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Telltale Games
- ©2015 Telltale, Inc. Telltale, Telltale Games, the Telltale Games logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Telltale, Inc. All rights reserved. © 2015 Mojang AB and Mojang Synergies AB. MINE
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Episode 2$4.99
- Multi-pack [Episodes 2-5]$14.99
- Episode 3$4.99
- Episode 4$4.99
- Mega Multi-Pack (Episodes 2-8 Bundle)$24.99
- Episode 6$4.99
- Episode 5$4.99
- Adventure Pack (Additional Episodes 6-8)$11.99
- Episode 7$4.99
- Episode 8$4.99