*EPISODE 1 is now available to download for FREE!*
**iPHONE 4 & 4S USERS - WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE AND RUN ON YOUR DEVICE OR YOU WILL HAVE A SUB-OPTIMAL EXPERIENCE**
***NOTE: Recommended for iPhone 5 and up, and iPad 3 and up - also requires iOS 7.1 and up***
THE ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME IN THE WORLD OF MINECRAFT!
In this five part episodic series, you’ll embark on a perilous adventure across the Overworld, through the Nether, to the End, and beyond. You and your friends revere the legendary Order of the Stone: Warrior, Redstone Engineer, Griefer, and Architect; slayers of the Ender Dragon. While at EnderCon in hopes of meeting Gabriel the Warrior, you and your friends discover that something is wrong… something dreadful. Terror is unleashed, and you must set out on a quest to find The Order of the Stone if you are to save your world from oblivion.
• Created by award-winning adventure game powerhouse Telltale Games, in partnership with Minecraft creators, Mojang
• Featuring the voices of Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D), Brian Posehn (The Sarah Silverman Program, Mission Hill), Ashley Johnson (The Last of Us, Tales from the Borderlands), Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights, X-Men), Martha Plimpton (The Goonies, Raising Hope), Dave Fennoy (The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series, Batman: Arkham Knight), Corey Feldman (The Goonies, Stand by Me), Billy West (Futurama, Adventure Time), and Paul Reubens (Tron: Uprising, Pee-Wee’s Playhouse)
• You will drive the story through the decisions you make: what you say to people (and how you say it), and what you choose to do in moments of thrilling action will make this YOUR story
***Continue your adventures with the New Order of the Stone by purchasing the Adventure Pack (via in-app), which includes access to download Episodes Six, Seven, and Eight***
- Increased screen resolution for iPhone 6, 7, and 8
- iPhone X compatibility update
- Miscellaneous updates
Ratings and Reviews
A fantastic story-driven adventure from the makers of Walking Dead: The Game and The Wolf Among Us, Minecraft: Story Mode lets you explore the famously blocky universe like never before. Packed with blink-and-you'll-miss-it humor and high-quality voice acting from the likes of Patton Oswalt and Corey Feldman, it’s a grand-slam mashup.
Unfulfilling story mode
This story mode version of Minecraft takes players on a journey into a personal adventure in the Minecraft world based on players choices. In my opinion however, this version lacks the ability to completely give players the chance to create their own story in a Minecraft environment. I understand that the adventures in each episode must follow the well designed story line but I felt that's all I did while playing. I would have little interaction or building and just listen to characters converse for prolonged periods of time. Not only that but players only get to play for one episode before being having to buy the next one. Personally I did not continue any further in the story mode by purchasing episodes because I did not want to spend money on more of a story mode that did not meet the demands of players such as myself. On the off chance that the creators make this Minecraft story mode more of a personal adventure allowing players to build, explore, and be creative, then I would be interested in paying for another episode. In summary, this app has a creative and adventurous story mode that can keep players on edge as well as a unique ability to show players a glimpse into the Minecraft world as if you were there yourself. However, it lacks the ability to fully give players the opportunity to explore and build throughout the storyline.
Ok. Let me start out by saying I loved this game. I bought every episode on my phone. Played them all. At first glance,it may seem fine to you. The thing is,before this "complete adventure" thing, there was an original season pass. For the first five. That's 15 dollars now. 25 dollars on phone. Now they have this complete adventure thing for 30 dollars! Guess what? I had to pay 40 dollars for all episodes. I was fine with it at first,because I made a shirt about minecraft story mode. I still wear it. So now onto phone. The pictures before the game was completed were great. It showed everything awesome about the game with no caption. Trailer was awesome. Come back to the game a couple months later,on iPhone page of this game. The trailer was "first episode is now free!" Well,that's great and all for people just buying the game,but,if you've been with it for the begininning,paying 5 dollars for the actual app,and 5 dollars for additional episodes, that's a letdown. I just lost 5 dollars. And they ruined the screenshots. "Choose you're own minecraft story!" Is what it said. Like we don't know that. For heaven's sake ITS CALLED STORY MODE! The only reason I rate this 2 stars is because the story is somewhat good,I PRESUME!! I rest my case. Well,this is most likely only my problem,but still get the game. Story is pretty good,I'm just mad 'cause I lost 5 dollars. That may not seem like a lot,but I'm a teen so it's a lot.
- Telltale Games
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- ©2015 Telltale, Inc. Telltale, Telltale Games, the Telltale Games logo are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Telltale, Inc. All rights reserved. © 2015 Mojang AB and Mojang Synergies AB. MINE
- In-App Purchases
- Episode 2 $4.99
- Multi-pack [Episodes 2-5] $14.99
- Episode 3 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.