MINI Connected Classic
By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A new MINI Connected App is currently in development and will be available soon. For that reason, MINI Connected will be renamed to “MINI Connected Classic”. All functions of “MINI Connected Classic” will remain.
Simply connect your iPhone to the USB port of your MINI, or pair it via Bluetooth (only in MINIs with Bluetooth App compatibility), and the MINI Controller, the high-definition display and the vehicle's sound system let you experience the various functions of this app.
To find out about compatibility with iPhones and any other information, check out www.MINI.com/connectivity.
- With the new core function MINI Streetwise we introduce route prediction. Trip details like duration, fuel consumption and more are used to show you the best way to get to your destinations.
- Collect experiences by recording trips on your ways, try different streets and Streetwise will give you recommendations which ways to choose, all based on your own personal collected data.
- All possibilities and experiences can be viewed and analysed on your smart phone.
- Besides other information, Status shows your MINI’s location and gives you guidance to it.
- Gives the possibility to search for places, addresses and more. Use addresses for a hand-over to the optional navigation system, or call phone numbers straight from MINI Connected Classic. Availability of the service varies.
Sports Instruments & Forcemeter:
- The familiar and popular function of Sports instrument offers the possibility to see your power output in real time. Force Meter to displaying all G-Forces.
- Get the full overview of all you appointments in your MINI. See meeting details like attendees, phone numbers and addresses. All information can be used straight from MINI Connected Classic.
- Let’s you listen to vocalised details of appointments over the car audio system
Requirements and tips: For Online Search function a user registration is required before use, please see the “more app” section in the MINI Connected Classic app. Data collected by MINI Streetwise is stored within the MINI Connected Classic app and not send. Deleting MINI Connected Classic will also delete all collected routes and trips. Several functions are only available when the end device is connected to a MINI model with the "MINI Connected" option. The range of features and functions may differ from version to version and country to country. As selected functions are dependent on connections to third party providers, it is possible that they may not be available at all times and in the same form. A broadband connection is required. Any extra costs resulting from this (e.g. roaming charges) are a part of the customer's contract with the network provider. Please also take care to observe country-specific preconditions and requirements. Limited functionality may be experienced as a result of insufficient bandwidth or volume-based bandwidth limitation (bandwidth capping) on the part of the network provider. As a result of this, MINI can provide no guarantee for the unlimited compatibility and functionality of your mobile device when connected with the vehicle interface.
What's New in Version 3.1.1
- Additional to MINI Connected Classic and MINI Connected XL JourneyMate, we will launch an all new MINI Connected in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, USA
Why did my Mini dealer recommend this?
The only useful function I can find is sending locations to the car's nav system. The dealer pushed installing it but could not explain what it does or how to use it. The tutorials are ads not help. There is no current documentation. I learned how to use it from the BMW ConnectedDrive documentation. Pandora stops after starting. You still have to select USB in Multimedia although that should be automatic. App Support is nonexistent. The link sends you to a website that does not work correctly on IOS devices. Emails to support are not answered. There is no documentation on IOS level, App level and vehicle Firmware levels required. It apparently does not work with iPhone 7 and/or IOS 10. It should work through Bluetooth. I want Apple CarPlay instead.
Didn't work on my 6S and it still doesn't work with my iPhone 7. I am using the latest Mini Connect software in my car and I've tried different lighting cables. I'm hoping the new Mini Connected app will work better than the Classic version. Guess it's back to CD's (no aux port in iPhone 7, and I don't want to have to choose whether to charge my iPhone or use the headphone adapter). 😡😭😭😭😭
Could be so much more!
Absolutely love my 2017 Mini Cooper S Clubman ALL4!
...However, Mini Connected is so lacking! Please BMW make this a better system.
For starters, please make where we don't actually have it hard wired with the USB for it to work. This certainly can be done just with the Bluetooth.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 13, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 23.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- © Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.