By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plunge into the revolutionary realm of in-car infotainment. MINI Connected embodies a unique symbiosis of driver, MINI and your smartphone. And with the new MINI Connected version, we offer you a focused experience of MINI Connected and provide you the most relevant information for your daily driving.
Simply connect your iPhone to the USB port of your MINI and the MINI Controller, the high-definition display and the vehicle's sound system let you experience the various functions of this app.
To find out about compatibility with iPhones and any other information, check out www.MINI.com/connectivity.
NEW: MINI Streetwise
- With the new core function MINI Streetwise we introduce route prediction. Trip details like duration, fuel consumption and more are used to show you the best way to get to your destinations.
- Collect experiences by recording trips on your ways, try different streets and Streetwise will give you recommendations which ways to choose, all based on your own personal collected data.
- All possibilities and experiences can be viewed and analysed on your smart phone.
- Besides other information, Status shows your MINI’s location and gives you guidance to it.
- Gives the possibility to search for places, addresses and more. Use addresses for a hand-over to the optional navigation system, or call phone numbers straight from MINI Connected. Availability of the service varies.
Sports Instruments & Forcemeter:
- The familiar and popular function of Sports instrument offers the possibility to see your power output in real time. Force Meter to displaying all G-Forces.
- Get the full overview of all you appointments in your MINI. See meeting details like attendees, phone numbers and addresses. All information can be used straight out of MINI Connected.
- Let’s you listen to vocalised details of appointments over the car audio system
Requirements and tips: For Online Search function a user registration is required before use, please see the “more app” section in the MINI Connected app. Data collected by MINI Streetwise is stored within the MINI Connected app and not send. A deletion of MINI Connected will also delete all collected routes and trips. Several functions are only available when the end device is connected to a MINI model with the ""MINI Connected"" option. The range of features and functions may differ from version to version and country to country. As selected functions are dependent on connections to third party providers, it is possible that they may not be available at all times and in the same form. A broadband connection is required. Any extra costs resulting from this (e.g. roaming charges) are a part of the customer's contract with the network provider. Please also take care to observe country-specific preconditions and requirements. Limited functionality may be experienced as a result of insufficient bandwidth or volume-based bandwidth limitation (bandwidth capping) on the part of the network provider. As a result of this, MINI can provide no guarantee for the unlimited compatibility and functionality of your mobile device when connected with the vehicle interface.
What's New in Version 3.1
Worst upgrade ever!
This has to be the worst "upgrade" ever. What were you thinking? I already have a navigation system, I do not need Streetwise, duplicating it or giving me stats on my frequent trips, the trips are frequent, already know how long it will take me or how much fuel it will take. Useless information! But your biggest mistake was getting rid of Web Radio, a feature I used every time I got in the car. If you wanted to do an upgrade, you could have improved on the message feature, like allowing me to send messages as well as read them, expand the characters viewed on the message system. Add additional media apps, video, email, but it seems you took away the best apps and duplicated what vehicle status and navigation. I hardly use Mini Connected now. Grade: Failure.
ALL of the FUN is gone!!!!!!!
Update: MINI is continuing to show that they don't really care what we think. Is there ANY group of car owners who are more passionate about their cars than MINI owners? If virtually all of us want to go back to version 2.8, why isn't MINI listening to us? Original comments below:
This update removed all of the FUN from MINI Connected! I LOVED hearing from Coach, Engine, and Climate; nothing beats having your car talk to you!!!! Driving Excitement was also FUN! PLEASE provide a way for us to go back to the old version. This new version is terrible.
I *STILL* feel like BMW/Mini stole $1000+ from me
*Edit- Please bring back Mission Control & the Minimalism App. The rest of my review still applies so far.
The whole reason I bought the connected package was because of Mission Control, Minimalism Analyzer, & Dynamic music. Now that you have removed those features, you have removed all the truly useful, fun, and MINI ‘personality’ out of this app/package.
I feel like BMW/Mini stole $1000+ from me. Anyone who asks me about my car will get an earful about this bad decision. To top it off, other apps now crash when I try to use them, like Audible & Glympse. If you’re going to remove the features most loved, at least make the rest of the app reliable.
Truly terrible & buggy update.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 05, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- © Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.