By BMW GROUP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plunge into the revolutionary realm of in-car infotainment. MINI Connected embodies a unique symbiosis of driver, MINI and your smartphone. And with the new MINI Connected version, we offer you a focused experience of MINI Connected and provide you the most relevant information for your daily driving.
Simply connect your iPhone to the USB port of your MINI and the MINI Controller, the high-definition display and the vehicle's sound system let you experience the various functions of this app.
To find out about compatibility with iPhones and any other information, check out www.MINI.com/connectivity.
NEW: MINI Streetwise
- With the new core function MINI Streetwise we introduce route prediction. Trip details like duration, fuel consumption and more are used to show you the best way to get to your destinations.
- Collect experiences by recording trips on your ways, try different streets and Streetwise will give you recommendations which ways to choose, all based on your own personal collected data.
- All possibilities and experiences can be viewed and analysed on your smart phone.
- Besides other information, Status shows your MINI’s location and gives you guidance to it.
- Gives the possibility to search for places, addresses and more. Use addresses for a hand-over to the optional navigation system, or call phone numbers straight from MINI Connected. Availability of the service varies.
Sports Instruments & Forcemeter:
- The familiar and popular function of Sports instrument offers the possibility to see your power output in real time. Force Meter to displaying all G-Forces.
- Get the full overview of all you appointments in your MINI. See meeting details like attendees, phone numbers and addresses. All information can be used straight out of MINI Connected.
- Let’s you listen to vocalised details of appointments over the car audio system
Requirements and tips: For Online Search function a user registration is required before use, please see the “more app” section in the MINI Connected app. Data collected by MINI Streetwise is stored within the MINI Connected app and not send. A deletion of MINI Connected will also delete all collected routes and trips. Several functions are only available when the end device is connected to a MINI model with the ""MINI Connected"" option. The range of features and functions may differ from version to version and country to country. As selected functions are dependent on connections to third party providers, it is possible that they may not be available at all times and in the same form. A broadband connection is required. Any extra costs resulting from this (e.g. roaming charges) are a part of the customer's contract with the network provider. Please also take care to observe country-specific preconditions and requirements. Limited functionality may be experienced as a result of insufficient bandwidth or volume-based bandwidth limitation (bandwidth capping) on the part of the network provider. As a result of this, MINI can provide no guarantee for the unlimited compatibility and functionality of your mobile device when connected with the vehicle interface.
What's New in Version 3.0
With the new core function MINI Streetwise we introduce route prediction. Trip details like duration, fuel consumption and more are used to show you the best way to get to your destinations.
New stuff in, old stuff gone
I want to encourage mini to continue to play with mini connected, and this update does some of that with the streetwise feature. I’m just starting to play with it, and it has potential. I also hope that it points to mini thinking about add similar off-line trip planning that is in the app for Mini Connected XL. At a minimum, it would be cool (as with the other app), I could find a destination in Apple Maps and transfer it to the Mini Connected app for loading in my GPS.
As for the other stuff going away, I don’t care much about the social connection stuff, but I do wish the driving tutorial stuff remained. I haven’t used them much, but have thought about it. I do like that the associated gauges are now full features on their own, but I’d like to see the tutorial stuff added back. As for web radio, get the Tunein radio app for that feature.
So in short, keep going with this app, mini. And give me the ability to import destinations from the phone map app.
One step forward, TEN steps BACK!
DON’T UPDATE without reading the reviews! Inexplicably, BMW has removed the best features (such as Minimalism, Driving Excitement and Web Radio) of the MINI Connected app. If you like(d) these features - they’re gone.
The new Streetwise applet may be useful to those who have regular commutes with several route options but it doesn’t offer much to those of us with drives with few routing options. It’s strange that the key Streetwise feature wasn’t made part of the car’s Navi function - unless there’s a plan to charge for it in the future.
The only real positive about this “update” is that the developers seem to have left room (based on the still very familiar menu structure) to bring back the more beloved applets. We’ll see….
Took Away Mission Control...noooooo!!!!!!
Mini just took away the only decent thing about this app...Mission Control. I loved, LOVED being greeted by Coach, Engine, and Climate. Just loved the silly comments that they made sometimes like, "Pedal to the medal, full throttle!" Now it just records your routes. It looks like it would function like a nav system except it doesn't. Gee, thanks I was already well aware of where I was driving. Maybe if you could input a destination and have it work like nav(if yours doesn't have it) that would have been nice. But this is literally pointless. Not to mention after dropping Facebook the app has now dropped Twitter, too. I'm not feeling particularly connected, Mini Connected. I would give this update no stars if I could.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Aug 28, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
- © Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.