By Dinosaur Polo Club
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mini Metro, the sublime subway simulator, now on iPhone and iPad.
• Included in the App Store Best of 2016
• Mac Game of the Year in over 30 countries
• IGF award-winning
• IGN Mobile Game of the Year nominee
• Included in Gamespot's Best Mobile Games of 2016
Mini Metro is a game about designing a subway map for a growing city. Draw lines between stations and start your trains running. Keep your routes efficient by redrawing them as new stations open. Decide where to use your limited resources. How long can you keep the city moving?
• Random city growth means each game is unique
• Eleven real-world cities will test your planning skills
• A variety of upgrades so you can tailor your network
• Normal mode for quick scored games, or Extreme for the ultimate challenge
• Compete against the world every day with the Daily Challenge
• Colourblind and night modes
• Responsive soundtrack created by your metro system, engineered by Disasterpeace
"If you love the city-planning aspect of Sim City but can't handle the pressure of playing god, then you may have just found your new favorite time-waster." - Ashley Feinberg, Gizmodo
"Take my word for it that a game about mass-transit system design can be a tense, white-knuckle thriller." - Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
"Mini Metro: fun game simulates planning and running public transit system." - Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing
What's New in Version 1.3
All aboard for our new update!
• Two new maps: bustling Seoul and sprawling Shanghai
• Adjustments to the passenger's decision making to help them take the best route
• Norwegian language now available
Interestingly Fun... Needs a Few Changes
Instead of a station randomly popping up and then becoming overcrowded if we ignore it by not connecting it with a line, the game map should change colors in regions that are densely populated with potential riders. (A light to dark red scale for example.) We should then have the ability to choose where to place stations and then connect them with transit lines. If the game map has too many heavily congested areas, then the game should end... not because ONE station is too crowded but because the entire city has a problem... thus the need for a mass transit system in the first place, right? Also, when adding a new line (from the weekly prizes) we should have to pull it from the left side of the screen, just like how we add a new locomotive, carriage or tunnel. I was trying to extend an existing line but because I had just earned a new line at the end of the previous week, I was forced to create this new line with my first move in the new week... NOT where I wanted it!
Great game but I won't play until next update
Truly great game but I don't plan to play much until a couple of frustrating issues are resolved. And yet I'll give 5 stars based on potential.
1. It is appropriately easy to "bend" a line into a newly appearing station so that there becomes a new stop in the middle of that existing line. Shouldn't it be equally easy to somehow cause a station in the middle of an existing line to be skipped from the middle of that line?
2. When my "bench" contains an unused line (small colored dot) but I am trying to extend an existing line, the interface often wants to start the new (previously unused) line from that spot. When that happens it's essentially game over because now I can't later place the bench line where I need it.
Great game for strategy fans!
The concept is simple, but you quickly realize the underlying complexity and the seemingly endless number of configurations. Using real city centers for the layout of levels makes planning a functional metro even more exciting, and allows you play urban designer. As you progress through the levels, the speed or size of trains varies, adding an extra challenge and mitigating the repetitiveness that seems to detract from other games in the genre. If you like logistics or sandbox-ish games, then give it a try. Now I'm just waiting for them to release new levels so I can keep figuring out new ways to increase efficiency and deal with my mortal enemy - circle stops. All the thumbs up 👍👍