By Dinosaur Polo Club
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Mini Metro, the sublime subway simulator, now on iPhone and iPad.
• Included in the App Store Best of 2016
• Mac Game of the Year in over 30 countries
• IGF award-winning
• IGN Mobile Game of the Year nominee
• Included in Gamespot's Best Mobile Games of 2016
Mini Metro is a game about designing a subway map for a growing city. Draw lines between stations and start your trains running. Keep your routes efficient by redrawing them as new stations open. Decide where to use your limited resources. How long can you keep the city moving?
• Random city growth means each game is unique
• Eighteen real-world cities will test your planning skills
• A variety of upgrades so you can tailor your network
• Normal mode for quick scored games, or Extreme for the ultimate challenge
• Compete against the world every day with the Daily Challenge
• Colourblind and night modes
• Responsive soundtrack created by your metro system, engineered by Disasterpeace
"If you love the city-planning aspect of Sim City but can't handle the pressure of playing god, then you may have just found your new favorite time-waster." - Ashley Feinberg, Gizmodo
"Take my word for it that a game about mass-transit system design can be a tense, white-knuckle thriller." - Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
"Mini Metro: fun game simulates planning and running public transit system." - Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing
What's New in Version 1.6.1
We’ve added a few new stops to Mini Metro:
• New map for busy Washington, D.C.
• Hop the Golden Horn in the new Istanbul map (now playable in night mode!)
• Build long trains to traverse the Mumbai map
• The Hong Kong map now includes the new South Island Line
See you on the platform!
Great Addictive Game
I'm updating my original review after a month of playing and the latest developer update. I've definitely found this game pleasingly addictive :)
After the latest update I've noticed that Osaka is very frequently the daily challenge and this is a bit weird? Maybe a bug? - Developer has responded (thanks!) and I think it may have been a fluke as the normal assorted city challenges have resumed
Other then that some possible areas of improvement:
1. If there's a trick to removing a mid-line station I haven't figured it out. Every once in a while I can pull the line away from a station and remove the station. But more often then not I have to undo a whole chain of stations to get to the one I want to remove.
2. Make it easier in general to select the line you're trying to edit/reconfigure. I find it hard to grab the end of a line especially when a lot of lines are running through the same station.
3. It could be fun to add more special trains like the Osaka Shinkansen to some of the other cities. Not necessarily high speed but maybe other specialities? Other sizes/seat capacities within the same city?
4. Other music options. I do like the zen feeling of the current soundtrack. But it could be fun to have different soundtracks for the different cities.
Looking forward to future updates. :)
Lovely minimalist game
The game is fun, I like that they don't try and incorporate too much like adding money or people to it. It can take a while to get used to and I wish it were easier to delete a line. It's also a little high in price for how simple the game actually is. $5 for an app better be an amazing/involved app and this one is not. Don't get me wrong, it's fun and addicting and a cute little minimalist game which I love. I like that they don't spell everything out for you and you have to figure out how it works for yourself. The graphics are realistic to actual metro maps and being from Chicago I love that I can plan and manage my own little metro. Although, I wish there was a map for Chicago! Developers, possible update?
Great game, one requested fix
I love this game and would definitely recommend for anyone to play. The only thing I keep noticing is it's a little difficult to clear tracks around each other when trying to redo them. A helpful update might be an easier way to clear existing tracks or even individual color tracks. One way could be to select or click the color on the right to delete that specific track, and maybe even an option to clear the entire board when it gets too chaotic. An undo button may also be helpful for mistakes when tracks get deleted accidentally. Thanks for the great game!