By Dinosaur Polo Club
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Mini Metro, the sublime subway simulator, now on iPhone and iPad.
• Included in the App Store Best of 2016
• Mac Game of the Year in over 30 countries
• IGF award-winning
• IGN Mobile Game of the Year nominee
• Included in Gamespot's Best Mobile Games of 2016
Mini Metro is a game about designing a subway map for a growing city. Draw lines between stations and start your trains running. Keep your routes efficient by redrawing them as new stations open. Decide where to use your limited resources. How long can you keep the city moving?
• Random city growth means each game is unique
• Eighteen real-world cities will test your planning skills
• A variety of upgrades so you can tailor your network
• Normal mode for quick scored games, or Extreme for the ultimate challenge
• Compete against the world every day with the Daily Challenge
• Colourblind and night modes
• Responsive soundtrack created by your metro system, engineered by Disasterpeace
"If you love the city-planning aspect of Sim City but can't handle the pressure of playing god, then you may have just found your new favorite time-waster." - Ashley Feinberg, Gizmodo
"Take my word for it that a game about mass-transit system design can be a tense, white-knuckle thriller." - Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
"Mini Metro: fun game simulates planning and running public transit system." - Cory Doctorow, Boing Boing
What's New in Version 1.10
A new update pulls into the station. All aboard now for a new map and other changes!
• Journey to the island city-state of Singapore and lay some tracks.
• More explicit tutorial text.
• The direction of trains is shown when paused.
I love this game so much. As you play longer your mini metro it gets more “crazy” and takes a lot more work to control. This is very relaxing in my case and I like to just sit down in play when I have down time. As you play some maps you can unlock others like ones from Hong Kong and Germany. Also up in the upper right hand corner there is a timer as weeks go on you can get upgrades like getting extra trains or more lines those are the lines that the trains run on! This has problems at all but I would like them to add more maps. I hope that this review helps in deciding whether to get this app or not.
Thank for reading this,
A fellow app reviewer
Wonderful, but could be even better
I absolutely adore this game. It’s simple, clean, and always interesting because of the randomization. The app icon is clean enough that I don’t even have to stuff it away in a games folder (as I do with most other games)!
The reason I’m writing this review is because I’d like more features. Namely, unlocking smarter trains (for example, intelligent timing); and perhaps random events (like repairs, emergencies, etc).
I think the game is wonderful how it is, I just think a few simple additions could make it even better.
Good game. High price for minimal use.
Not a bad game to pass the time. Be prepared to pay a 4.99 for a game that shouldn’t be that much. Won’t let you save progress either and nearly impossible to get the resources you need to keep the stations from over crowding. After beating intro level you’re rewarded with a bunch of resources but don’t expect that again in further cities.