The application that turns your iPhone into a real webcam! No further software or hardware required.
Just push the 'Start’ button and the transmission of your live video stream is being sent.
Use your iPhone as a camera based baby monitor or transform your iPhone quickly into a video camera to monitor your Sunday roast.
To view your live video you simply need a browser or another 'Mini WebCam'.
Access via browser:
Just enter the displayed URL in the address line of your web browser (for example http://192.168.1.1). No need for any further plug-ins or other requirements.
Access via iPhone:
Simply choose your webcam through the list of ‘Available Cams’ by click!
- Streaming of videos to the WLAN
- Integrated WebServer
- Supported browser: Safari (< 6.0), Firefox
- Free choice of name for webcam
- Free selectable port for the browser view
- Supports as many 'Mini WebCams‘ as you choose and these will be diplayed clearly in form of a list.
- Access for several clients to one 'Mini WebCam' is possible
- Use the flashlight in dark environment
- Choice of three quality levels (low, normal, high)
- Choice of three different speed levels, from real time to single frames
- Status of charging display
More features coming soon!
In the next version:
- Picture rotation in the browser selectable
- Support for IE
- General bugfixing
We thank all users for their numerous feedback!
- Bugfix for iOS 4.2.1
- Selectable port for browser view
- Flashlight support
- Saving of preferences
- Battery runtime for slow modes optimized
Ratings and Reviews
Many of the reviews here are from people who expect this app to do things it does not attempt to do.
They are correct when saying rear cam only (that's the better camera anyway) and that there's no sound (it doesn't claim to offer sound recording). Other people here are confused, thinking that this is a WebCam you can attach directly to your computer and use to get video in Skype for example. That is not what this webcam app supposed to.
The big disappointment that I find here, is that for some strange reason, the only web browser that supported his Firefox. With other browsers you get garbage characters as if the browser is attempting to render the date of an image as the binary text. It's very peculiar it's probably small fix. I really hope the developers make note of the same changes and they quickly released patch.
I'm quite disappointed as well with people who have given this app bad reviews based on their inability to figure out how port forwarding works or even in some cases what the URL is supposed to be for the WebCam when the WebCam URL is clearly there on screen. Please read the documentation.
yep, no sound, yep you gotta lock the rotate button when viewing on an iOS device, yep you gotta adjust video quality to increase size of image--but hey the high quality setting provides an excellent quality image and the medium setting works fine. I see no reason why this app would not be worth money if it had audio. Gives you a URL you can copy and paste to share, and is viewable Safari. It really works easily. Want front camera and sound?, buy a real webcam and use a video chat like Facetime or Tango. This is app "just works" and that is its beauty! 5 stars when audio is available. But I don't need audio for a security cam.
Worked great. Hope to see more from developer
Worked perfectly on my iPhone 4 (4.2.1) and viewing through Firefox on notebook computer (Win 7) using 'fast mode' and the default port 80.
The video looked real time although as mentioned before, is quite small on a big screen. I guess it might look bigger if viewing from another handheld device/iPhone.
Unlike their SMS Remote app, the iAds don't get in the way of the app UI.
I don't have a 'real' webcam but have been browsing the store for something like this (but perhaps tethered also/instead) to allow the iPhone to serve as a webcam for my desktop. Figure it'd be a much better quality webcam than the rinky dink stuff found in retail stores.
I've never used a webcam with IM or any other desktop programs so don't really know much about requrements etc. Maybe Windows and OSx? already could use the iPhone as a webcam for IM and such without an app?
- pripares software solutions GmbH
- 1.2 MB
- Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 pripares GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.