Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MiniControl is rated as a killer app by Apps4iDevices.
MiniControl is a remote controller for digital audio workstations.
MiniControl only has the features that are boosted by multi-touch.Any other features which are not obviously, practically useful on the iPad are all dropped.
And now MiniControl becomes Universal Binary. One channel strip on an iPhone and 8 channel strips on an iPad.
No additional driver is required on Mac OS X 10.4 or later. It will be ready to go as soon as it finishes downloading.
- Working and worthy tools only
- Zero configuration on Mac
- 8 multitouch faders (1 on iPhone)
- 8 multi-function encoders (1 on iPhone)
- 8 channels text message (1 on iPhone)
- Automation, record, select, solo, mute, and track label for each channel
- Basic transport
- Time display
- Automation controls
- Supports both Mackie HUI and Mackie Control protocols
- Automatic protocol selection (can be set to manual in System Settings)
- Configurable encoders touch sensitivity in System Settings
- Dark background for lightless operations
- Portrait mode and landscape mode
- Universal Binary for iPhones (3GS, 4, 4S, 5), iPod Touches(3rd gen, 4th gen, 5th gen) and iPads (1, 2, new)
- Designed for the most compatibilities.
Tested and confirmed working with:
- Pro Tools 10.3.1 (Mackie HUI)
- Logic Pro 9.1.7 (Mackie HUI and Mackie Control*)
- Nuendo 5.5.5 (Mackie HUI* and Mackie Control)
- Live 8.2 (Mackie Control)
- Reason 5 (Mackie Control)
Should also be working with:
- Cubase 6
How to connect:
1. Make sure your iPad and your computer are in the same subnet
2. Launch MiniControl on your iPad first
3. Launch Audio MIDI Setup in Application / Utilities
4. Open up MIDI Window
5. Double click on Network
6. Create a new session (or use current), select and connect your iPad to that session (you should use discrete network session for each MiniControl)
7. Launch your DAW and setup a new MIDI controller device with Mackie HUI or Mackie Control on the MIDI port with the session name configured in the last step for both input and output, never use "All inputs" or "All outputs".
- If you wish to use multiple iPads, create network sessions and MIDI controllers for each one of them
- Multitasking Gestures shall be disabled if you want to control more than 3 faders simultaneously on one iPad
- Because different audio workstation has its own way communicating with controllers, functionalities (especially automation displays and button combinations) may vary.
- Auto protocol detection needs some time. To avoid losing the first few messages (may contain most of the key information), choose protocol manually.
- May conflict with EuCon.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Screen alignment adjustment for in-call status bar on iPhone
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 12, 2012
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yufei Zhang
- © 2014 Minihui
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.