Now with Push Notifications! No more constantly refreshing the weather - create a custom alert and be notified as soon as your criteria is met.
What Minimums Does:
- View METARs and TAFs for thousands of airports around the world
- Tells you if your airports are above, at, or below minimums for takeoff, landing, and alternate
- Create custom alerts to be notified as soon as the weather changes (utilizes push notifications)
- Customize visibility, wind speed, altimeter setting, and temperature units
- Option to display information as either translated or raw
- Map view with flight category, ceiling, or visibility
The Long Version:
View your own personalized list of airports or weather stations and quickly determine if they are above or below your takeoff, landing, or alternate minimums. No more digging through TAFs to see if your favourite alternate will hold - if it's green, it's good for the duration of the TAF! If it's yellow, it's at minimums. If it's red, the weather goes below your minimums at some point during the day.
Minimums can be completely customized based on ceiling and visibility and is useful for all pilots, from airline to student. Simply set your personal, company, or legal limits for all of your airports, and quickly see which ones will work. You also have complete control over how TEMPO and PROB conditions should affect this analysis. Please note that minimums must be set manually be each user - a database of IFR minimums is not included in the app. However, with Data Sharing turned on, the app will suggest minimums to you based on what other users have set.
Set up alerts that will notify you when the weather meets your own custom criteria. For example, you might ask Minimums to alert you when the visibility at a certain airport goes above 1 mile. Or maybe the ceiling at your destination is 300 feet and the minimums are 500 feet. Just create an alert to tell you when the ceiling goes above your desired value. Minimums uses push notifications so you don't have to constantly refresh the app. As soon as we detect your criteria has been met, we'll send your phone a notification letting you know. Alerts are currently available for ceiling, visibility, and flight category (VFR, IFR, etc).
Units can be customized as follows:
- Visibility (miles or meters)
- Wind Speed (knots or meters per second)
- Pressure (inches of mercury or hectopascals)
- Temperature (celsius or fahrenheit)
- Time (UTC or Local)
- Metars/TAFs can also be displayed as translated (decoded) or raw
Sunrise, sunset, and night times are also included with night defined as the center of the sun's disc being 6º below the horizon.
Weather data is provided by the National Weather Service and airports names and cities are provided by Our Airports.
DISCLAIMER: Never use Minimums as your sole source of aviation weather information. Always consult official meteorological sources for your country. While we strive to make Minimums completely error-free, sometimes the wrong information can be displayed. Gauld Developments takes no responsibility for any damages incurred as a result of the use of this app.
-Metar data in your station list older than 70 minutes now fades so that it’s easier to tell it’s expired (same goes for MET and TAF dots)
-Maps now centre on your current location
-You can now cancel refreshing if you’d like to
-Other small fixes and improvements
You will now be prompted to register for an account (email and password). This is new in version 2.4 and was implemented for a few reasons:
1. Security - any information you receive from our servers or transmit to us is done securely through an encrypted connection and is tied directly to your account.
2. Usability - You shouldn’t notice any changes right now but it will allow us to do cool things in the future such as backing up your stations & minimums and copying them to other devices.
3. Support - If you ever run into issues using the app, we can now troubleshoot things a lot easier since everything you do is linked to your account.
Registering for an account is required to receive push notifications for alerts and to receive suggested ceiling and visibility minimums. Registration is not required but you will lose this functionality without an account. We will never share your email and it is used simply as a means of identifying your account.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app and customer support.
I love this app, it allows me to keep track of all the nearby stations cigs, vsby, temp etc. the alerts work great also. I called customer support asking for a farenheight temp, they added this to their update. Quality product and team. Get the app, you won't be disappointed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.