Minitube is a lightweight and elegant YouTube application for your Mac. With it you can watch YouTube videos in a new way: you type a keyword, Minitube gives you an endless video stream.
By automatically playing videos one after another, Minitube aims to create a TV-like experience. Stop fiddling, just sit back and enjoy.
Minitube is designed to be very easy to use for kids and grandparents too. Minitube is a gift for the whole family.
Minitube consumes less memory and CPU than a browser, preserving battery life and keeping your laptop cool.
With Minitube you can search by keyword, browse YouTube channels or just paste a YouTube link. Related videos are always a click away.
You can subscribe to your favorite channels and be notified of new videos. No need to login with a YouTube account.
Minitube is translated in more than 30 languages including Chinese, Arabic, German, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese and Hebrew.
- New Chrome-like toolbar menu
- Fixed snapshot file naming
- Stability and overall quality fixes
- New and updated translations
Ratings and Reviews
Slow scroll feature
To the guy that made this application, please fix this slow lag with the subscription scrolling.
Good viewing experience, but NO Download option
A decent viewing experience overall, but unlike the version purchased directly from the developer's website, this version has NO Download option for videos. It's only meant as a pure watching experience.
Had I known this I would have opted for the non-App Store version, I love to save any nifty videos I come across for small projects and such, but now I've spent the money I had in reserve for a pretty obsolete app, when it comes to my specific needs.
I do understand App Store restrictions limited the addition of this feature, but there should have been a disclaimer somewhere in the description stating so. With a product that shares the same exact name as the other, one can only expect the same features, but this is clearly not the case here.
The only place where it is noted that this version includes No Download option is in a small strip of text found on the download page of the product, under a small download button. Not very conspicuous to consumers if you ask me.
ONLY for watching, NOT for downloading. Be forewarned.
Nice App with download feature (read my review for more details)
Nice app with neat interface. Simple, pretty, useful. Doesn't load CPU cause doesn't use Flash.
Fast feedback. I sent the letter to dev on sat and yet got his response on sun (!).
As for the download feature you request here you'll never get this in MAS because of the MAS restrictions.
Send your request to dev with a copy of MAS receipt and he'll provide you with retail ver.
Hopefully this helps.
- Flavio Tordini
- 21.7 MB
- OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kirghiz, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Flavio Tordini
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.