By Eyosido Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
miniyo-T is a control surface type MIDI controller for the iPhone and iPod Touch. It represents a transport bar from which Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)/sequencer software basic playing/recording operations can be initiated and monitored. miniyo-T is the iPhone/iPod Touch version of the Transport controller for eyoControl on iPad.
- Large timecode display, supporting multiple timecode formats and state indicators (*).
- Toggle between Timecode and Bar/Beats display (*).
- Large Play/Stop/Record/Fast Forward/Rewind buttons.
- An accurate scrub wheel, with associated scrub button.
- Enable/disable Loop mode.
- Mark beginning and end of loop (*).
- Set/clear/undo markers and navigate over them (prev/next) (*).
- Connectivity through CoreMIDI or eyoControl Server.
- Collaborative: using CoreMIDI connectivity, control your DAW from several devices. For example, start/stop song with one device while setting up markers from another device. Every device sharing the same session receive the timecode information.
- Support for Retina display for compatible devices.
- Accessibility/VoiceOver support.
(*) may not be functional with every DAW software. Fully supported with Logic. For a list of supported DAW and limitations, see http://eyosido.com/eyocontrol/surface/daw-support/
- iPhone 3GS/4/4S or iPod Touch 3rd generation or above, running iOS 4.3 or above.
- a local WIFI connection.
- a laptop/desktop computer running either MacOS X 10.4 or above, or Windows XP/Vista/7 (rtpMIDI required when using Windows) or other system compatible with the iOS wireless MIDI protocol.
- a Digital Audio Workstation software / audio sequencer with support for standard control surfaces. Optimal compatibility with Logic Pro/Express. GarageBand not supported.
Check out http://eyosido.com for more details about miniyo-T.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
- improved support for the following DAW: Live, Studio One, Pro Tools, Reaper.
- there are now specific DAW type selectors for Live and Studio One, if you are using those, please update your DAW type in the Preferences.
Support website is defunct. No in app instructions for setup. Total waste of a dollar. I could've had a McDouble.
Update: Well, after much trial and error I got it to work with Presonus Studio One 2.5, windows 7.
Download rtpMIDI. Set it up as an instrument. Set device as Mackie control. Works great now.
I'll change from 1 star to 3. From what I can tell the company no longer exists. Hopefully it keeps working. I don't expect any updates.
Update: They seem to have gotten their website together with very clear instructions. Thank you. Now it is exactly what I was looking for.
waste of a buck
Could not get it to work--followed the setup instructions on the website, nothing. Complete waste of a buck
Would be nice if it worked in a Iphone 5!!!
Thing just crashes