By Mirai LLP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
‘Mirai Japanese’ is a unique and widely acclaimed app that will teach you Japanese using a highly effective tutor-based approach. Try the first 20 lessons for free!
Previous customer reviews:
“This is by far one of my favorite apps.”
“Awesome!!! This app is really helpful & extremely easy to understand.”
“I love using this app to learn Japanese!”
“Brilliant!!! Extremely easy and intuitive to use!”
Featured by Apple several times on the App Store in the Education category.
‘Mirai Japanese’ is the premier tutor-based language app course on the App Store. Starting at beginner level, this app course contains many hours of full audio tutoring.
Unlike most other Japanese language apps which just have lists of vocabulary or flashcards, this app actually teaches you the basics of Japanese — grammar, pronunciation, the writing system, and the usage of words — using an effective and clear methodology which you will thoroughly enjoy! There is simply no better way of learning Japanese!
‘Mirai Japanese’ contains:
* already over 150 bite-sized lessons and growing
* clear visual and audio tutoring
* two native Japanese narrators (male and female)
* detailed grammar explanations in English
* text moves in sync with audio to help you learn
* hundreds of pictures to help you remember words
* kana chart with all ‘hiragana’ and ‘katakana’
* animated stroke order diagrams for all kana and kanji
* functionality for you to practice drawing kana on screen
* flashcards for all words covered
* fun quizzes for each lesson to check your progress
* search function for all words in the course
* create your own vocabulary lists easily
Each lesson builds on what was learned in previous lessons, enabling you to make gradual and consistent progress. Everything is explained in great detail, giving you confidence and mastery of the material.
Starting at absolute beginner level, this great app will take subscribers to the course all the way to fluency!
This app is based on the very best in language learning methodology. Over a million language learners are using Mirai apps.
After trying the first 20 lessons (that is, 4 chapters) of the Mirai Japanese course for free, you can elect to subscribe to the ongoing course.
* If you already previously purchased ‘iStart Japanese’, you will be able to download the first 50 lessons (that is, 10 chapters) without subscription.
The subscription to Mirai Japanese enables you to download all the existing lessons plus additional new lessons that are published every month.
These additional lessons continue the language course. The course and the subscription to it is ongoing in nature, taking you from beginner level to advanced and beyond.
* Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
* Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
* Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and will clearly identify the cost of the renewal.
* You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
* Note that you will not be able to cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period.
There is no other app like this on the App Store!
Download this great app now!
Produced by Mirai:
“Changing the Way People Learn Languages.”
Other language apps by Mirai:
• Mirai Spanish
• iStart French
• iStart German
• iStart Kana
• iStart Chinese
• iStart Korean
© 2009-2014, Mirai LLP
What's New in Version 7.4.2
* Important bug fixes
Please update to this version (7.4.2)
I've studied Japanese through many apps, but this one has to be the most useful one I've found yet. In less than a day you can begin forming simple Japanese sentences! They slowly build upon the previous lessons until you can form larger sentences and understand how the grammar works. Best of all, there are NO ADS! *big sigh of relief*
However if you want to fluently know the kana as well as speech, I would recommend a different app. This one is best for learning speech alone, as they only briefly cover kana in each lesson.
The only problem I have is the prices for subscribing. $10 every month is well beyond my non-existent budget. I would pay $1 every month, or $1 for a chapter unlock... Maybe I'm just a cheapskate hehe.
Great app for beginner just too expensive
It's a great app with interactive interface to learn Japanese and good detailed explanation on grammar. I took 1 star off for the subscription model:
1. It is too expensive even with education discount.
2. Each chapter has only 5 lessons and each lessons only cover a few content. It's easy to finish 2 chapters in just 5 days. The subscription restricting 2 new chapters download is too strict, have to wait till next month to start learning again
I will go for Minna no nihongo instead(I don't know about the English version but the Chinese version is quite good and it's based on a commonly used well-trusted"textbook" for Chinese community to learn Japanese)
Excellent program for conversational Japanese
- There is a focus on getting sentence structure right instead of memorizing canned phrases.
- Pacing is excellent and you can comfortably do (and redo, for mastering) a lesson on a subway ride.
- Audio explanations can play even from the lock screen. Again, great for the commute.
- Not much help with written Japanese. But conversational is what counts anyways.
- Subscription model is expensive. If you're serious about learning and spending a several months going through all 160 lessons (currently), you're looking at maybe $50+. Not bad for language acquisition but it's steep for a conversation-only application.
- Audio speed is bugged. Adjusting the speed will not only adjust the Japanese audio, but also the English explanations. So if you have a good ear and want to hear the Japanese words at full speed, you end up with your narrator sounding like an auctioneer.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 27, 2014
- Version: 7.4.2
- Size: 230 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mirai LLP
- © 2009-14 Mirai Japanese, Mirai LLP
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Mirai Japanese Subscription (Educational Discount)$4.99
- Mirai Japanese Subscription$9.99
- Mirai Japanese Subscription (Educational Discount)$24.99
- Mirai Japanese Subscription (Educational Discount)$44.99
- Mirai Japanese Subscription$49.99
- Mirai Japanese Subscription$89.99