Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to an Amazon Fire TV. You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Fire TV.
Before using this application, please go to the Amazon website and install the (free) Mirror Receiver for Fire TV: http://bit.ly/am-firetv
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Fire TV. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Fire TV app. It will start looking for your Fire TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Fire TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Fire TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the UC Browser instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
This is an important update of the app. We managed to reduce the latency (the delay between your iPhone or iPad screen and your FireTV) significantly! Please give it a try. As always, we love to hear your feedback on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
iPhone 6 and has connected without issues four times since I purchased yesterday. My wife is so happy to be able to share vacation photos and videos on the television. Make sure you download the second app to your fire tv so this will work.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to review us. Glad to hear that you enjoy using the app. Have fun! :)
When it works, it works just fine, but the working isn’t consistent. The broadcast stops for no apparent reason, which is frustrating when trying to watch with kids. I now regret spending money to have this app for all my devices. Should have listened to other reviewers. Disappointed.
Developer Response ,
We are trying to understand more about why this happens. When you see this happening the next time, can you send us a diagnostic information from the app? This way, we can see whats happening and help fix it. Before sending the diagnostic information, try restarting your phone once and then mirror to TV. Usually restarting the phone frees up memory and makes mirroring smooth. Thanks!
It works when it feels like it.
Update to developer response: nothing changed in my network. It works sometimes and sometimes doesn’t. Same network. Nighthawk X10 router programmed perfectly to work with other similar apps. This isn’t my first rodeo so don’t go there. Companies always try to blame the consumer on the sly. Well reviews speak!
Developer Response ,
When the TV and the iOS device are on the same network, the app will always find the TV and will allow you to mirror to it. When something does not work, that worked before, its possible that things changed in your network. Please contact us in case and we will help you with the issue. You can contact us either via email (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through ‘send diagnostic information’ from the app. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.