Application to mirror the screen and audio of your iPhone or iPad to a Chromecast 1, 2 or Ultra. You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Chromecast.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 2 and 4). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Chromecast. Don't use multiple VLANs or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Chromecast app. It will start looking for your Chromecast devices on your local network. When a Chromecast is found, please select it.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your Chromecast is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the Chromecast that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Chromecast app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Puffin Web Browser, Dolphin Web Browser or iCabMobile instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
- Updated Graphics
Ratings and Reviews
UPDATE BELOW Audio only plays through the phone...
It casts the phone screen perfectly well but the audio only comes out of the phone, not the TV. I saw another review that had the same problem and I still decided to get the app. Waste of $5.
UPDATE: so apparently, if you want to stream audio from a browser on your phone it can only be Puffin Web Browser. And audio from other apps works fine but you have to make sure the volume for the CHROMECAST is at max and you’re going to have turn your TV volume up as well for sure. Changed from 2 to 3 stars. Will stay at 3 if audio issues didn’t exist.
I downloaded this app so that I could mirror my phone to use my Yoga app on my TV screen. My TV is an older TV with a Chromecast attached to it. This app worked really well to make my phone viewable on my TV. The second time I went to use it however it wasn’t working. The support people were very quick to respond to me and the problem was fixed. I still have to listen to the sound from my phone but overall it worked. There were some issues with it breaking up or lagging but I think that had more to do with my connection. I didn’t mind paying the small fee to have this app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review. Glad that we could help you solve your problem Audio should play on TV when using the app. Are you using the internal speakers of the TV or are you connected to external speakers. If you are connected to external speakers, please make sure that the external speakers are connected to HDMI port with ARC. Thanks!
Only one I can find that works for what I need
Been looking for an app to cast from my iPhone to Chromecast and none of the other ones I tried worked. I use it to mirror a video streaming app and both video and audio quality are great and it’s very stable. The inherent lag can be improved but overall, it’s worth the price you pay for it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for the kind words. Its reviews as these that keeps us motivated to come together as a team and work towards improving the product. As for the delay, we are working towards reducing it to less than half a second. We will soon reach out to you with the good news. For now, keep enjoying the app! :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.