Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any LG Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your LG TV.
This works on any LG Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your LG TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for LG TV app. It will start looking for your LG TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model LG TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for LG TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
- When screen mirroring from Safari, there is no audio. We advice to use the Puffin Web Browser, Dolphin Web Browser or iCabMobile instead of Safari.
- Sometimes audio from other apps is not playing. In this case, start a screen mirroring session, then open the app you want to mirror. If there is no sound, just close the app you are mirroring and re-open it in the same mirroring session.
Some apps don't allow screen mirroring. For instance Netflix: when you start screen mirroring when running the Netflix app on your iPhone or iPad, the TV screen will turn black. This is a choice that Netflix made, there is nothing that we can do about that.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improved User Interface
- Bugfixes and Stability Improvements
Ratings and Reviews
the app doesn’t broadcast to TV set at all!
There’s no drop down menu on the record button. There is no option to broadcast to the TV set. When the record button is pushed there is only a 3 2 1 countdown then it just records everything on that screen with the record button to a video file in the photos album on the iPad Pro. There is no option to send the signal to the smart TV on the same WiFi network. If this isn’t fixed soon I want my money back!
Did find that the developers suggestion did work to start the broadcast however the videos are perpendicular in relation to the Tv screen and there is a lag time.. I found an issue with the Verizon jet pack for WiFi in that it’s extremely slow and unreliable. This not the developers issue. It could be as simple as a software update for their jet pack; in any event I’ll take this up with Verizon.
Hi Mspecin, we're sorry it wasn't clear to you how to use the app. You need to slide up control center, then FORCE press (Apple calls this 3D Touch) the Screen Recording button. Then you will see the popup. Please try this and reconsider your rating when you see this just works.
Excellent App... iPhone to LG TV
I went according to instructions and I had no problem. Sometimes you need to take the time to read every detail to get instructions right. It works with all my apps, the web, and everything in my phone. And, even though there’s no audio when using Safari I asked if they can help and they gave me a great solution that works. They were very quick to respond through Facebook Messenger and they suggested I use Puffin or Dolphin web browser and the sound was perfectly clear. I’m very happy, thumbs up 👍🏻
EDIT: Developer replied to restart my router. I did. The mirroring works better but there is still some lag and freezing (I get the WebOS “thinking” circles.)
After multiple tries turning on/off the Wifi on my phone, restarting this app, restarting the app I wanted to screen... it finally began mirroring but by then I had no idea which of my steps got it to work. And then the streaming was nothing but lag - choppy, and all out stopping, every 2-3 seconds. Completely unwatchable. Thought maybe it was because I was hogging my WiFi bandwidth by streaming internet videos. So I tried my camera roll - exact same thing happened. We have a 2017 Comcast router with a 5ghz connection to both TV and iPhone. All devices are in the same room.
Hi, thanks for taking the time to review our Mirror for LG TV app. When video freezes and the connection between your iPhone and your TV breaks, this is usually due to (temporary) poor local network conditions. Power cycling the router will fix this issue. Visit the FAQ on our website for more tips on how to improve the quality and performance of your home network.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.