By Todd Stephan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We know the iPhone should do this - but for now - Do you ever miss calls or text messages only to discover them hours later because you didn’t hear the phone?
The Missed Call application monitors the phone and periodically alerts you using sound and visual effects when any of the following events are missed:
* Text Messages
* Calendar Events
Other phones have this feature and now your iPhone can too. Never miss that important call or text message again with the Missed Call application!
Over 50 sounds and 10 visual effects with fully configurable timers.
Click the link below to visit our website (iPhoneMissedCall.webs.com) for additional information, demo video and to share your comments or feature requests.
* We recommend the phone be rebooted after downloading to ensure application stability.
* Currently Apple, Inc. does not allow background applications. In order to achieve the functionality listed above you must start the Missed Call application before putting your phone down and leave it running.
* While we have taken every effort to minimize battery usage (auto-dimming display, efficient software development, etc) it is recommended that for extended use that the phone be charging while the application is running.
What's New in Version 1.2
* Added option to Vibrate
* Added option to Display Photo
* Added option to use Proximity Sensor to save Battery Power
* Added option to Monitor Battery power during use
* New User Interface to guide User
Don't buy it
After reading all of the reviews I still bought this worthless app. If you are looking for a call, message, or calendar alert wait until it's built into the phone, don't make these guys rich by buying/downloading this. Go to their web site and read their description.
"Currently Apple, Inc does not allow background applications. In order to achieve the functionality listed above you must start the Missed Call application before putting your phone down. There is currently an issue with the 2.2.1 iPhone firmware that causes text message and calendar events to cause applications to sleep. This is a change in behavior from the 2.1 firmware which the application was released on. This causes the visual component of Missed Call not to show but sounds still occur. In order for the application to function normally change the iPhone's Auto-Lock value to Never"
If you use your Iphone as a night time pager, this is perfect
Run the app before you go to sleep. If you get an sms text (a "page" in my world) and sleep through it, this will activate and wake you up after two minutes if you do not acknowledge the alert. If it would run in the background, it would be 5 stars.
This is why America is in decline.
No built-in missed call feature on the iPhone? What is wrong with Mr. Jobs? Or maybe he's just so smart he figured he would force you to pick up your iPhone every hour to help you develop a habit. Smart marketing. That is what is wrong with America; everybody is so worried about outsmarting everybody that we forget about some very important things. I am going to make sure my next smart phone does not get smart with me. It will likely be Japanese and America will be out of a few hundred dollars.