Mitch is a lightweight native macOS app for Twitch.
- Watch every game and channel on Twitch
- Browse top games and channels
- Search for live content (users, streams, games)
- Quick access to channels you’re following
- Discover and follow new streamers
- Get notifications when your favorite streamers go live
- Menu bar app available to quickly check if your favorite streamer is live
- Resizable video player and chat (Fullscreen and split view supported)
- Chat while watching a stream
- Freely resizable “always-on-top” mini player, to watch a stream while you’re doing something else
- Change stream quality
- Touchbar support: Launch streams, navigate the app, control the video player window, select emojis in chat etc. with the touchbar
- Airplay supported
I will continue to support this app and release new features regularly. For feature requests and bug reports please contact me via my website http://www.appsbymarc.com
- Design refinements
- Video player window is now draggable everywhere
- Added keyboard shortcut: cmd + O to open window
- Added keyboard shortcut: cmd + W to close window
- Added keyboard shortcut: cmd + T to scroll to top
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This is what I would expect from a native Twitch app, like the one they made for windows. I only have a couple of gripes. 1. I’d love to be able to hide the dock icon and just have it in the menu bar which is what I do with Twitterific. 2. I’d like to be able to refine who I get notifications for. 3. More information like bitrate, FPS, connection info, dropped frames and delay. These are all viewable through twitches website player. 4. A separate window dedicate to your assessable emojis. I just think this would be convenient.
Totally functional Twitch streaming app with some nice bells and whistles. Excited to see if the dev can make this a better option than streaming through the site!
worthless- only shows live channels
the other person who mentioned this in their previous review is absolutely correct i just wasted 3 dollars on this app, as it does not pull in all followed channels, only live views. this is readily available through the API and should be in the app. worthless for me.
Only shows live channels
AirPlay support is great, but only being able to view live channels and broadcasts is a huge downer.
- Marc Tarnutzer
- 4.5 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2017 Marc Tarnutzer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.