Looking for an awesome crossfade app to improve your music?
Look no further - Mix & Mash is simply the best crossfade app for iOS!
Don't just listen to us - Check out what our users say:
‣ "Very easy and cool interface, this is quickly becoming my favorite app!"
‣ "A must have for any music lover!!"
‣ "Brilliant.been looking for something like this for ages and simple to use"
‣ "Does exactly what it says it does, works great, this is ideal for me!!!"
‣ "The best auto mix dj app"
‣ "Fantastic and useful app! Love to hear music on it!"
‣ "Best app to do a DJ job without breaking your head!"
‣ "I always use it. My pocket DJ !"
Mash up your music library with this fun and easy to use app!
Mix & Mash is like having a DJ in your pocket. Load music from your Music library and enjoy, as it effortlessly mashes them together into a unique, randomly generated mix.
Personalise every mix by altering the time songs are played for. This allows you to truly customise your listening experiences to suit your current mood or activity.
Top features of Mix & Mash:
• Awesome crossfade (customisable!)
• Beautiful Interface
• Play music in the background
• Playlists, just how your made them!
• Load music from your music library
• Hugely customisable
• See your upcoming songs before they play - perfect for parties
• Dynamic, flexible play queue, allowing you to edit your mix as you listen
• Save play queues
• Smart play queues
• Facebook & Twitter integration to boast your listening activities to friends!
• Lock screen and multitasking bar integration for easy playback control
Can't get playlists working? Check out our guide here -> http://www.computerlogicx.com/blog/?p=22
Note: iTunes match songs stored in the cloud are not yet supported
For more information, feature requests, or support, please visit us at www.mixandmash.co.uk
Bug fixes for iOS 8
Mix & Mash 3 is on its way!
Sign up at http://mixandmash.co.uk/v3/ to be updated when it's available!
Ratings and Reviews
Can be perfect!
Has this app been abandoned?
I love this app!!
If I remember well, a new version was promised on their website like 2-3 years ago.
The ability to make inquiries on their website seems to be taken down.
1. Lacks ability to Cast sound to devices like chromecast audio (#1 wish), smart Tv, etc.
2. Song audio levels vary. Some play too loud, others too low. Even after using third party software to normalize mp3's on computer.
3. Can't queue a song from another mobile device as other apps do. Useful for gatherings/parties when guests what to queue the next song.
4. No EQ/Audio enhancement like other apps.
5. In the music view tab, when you search for a song in the search bar, there is no "play now/next/last" option as you can in the play queue view.
6. App resets having to start playlist from the beginning again, instead of starting from where you left off.
1. Great interface!!!
2. Ability to specify start time and how long to play songs is great for gatherings/parties. (A+)
3. Being able to add all songs, a specific, or a whole playlist at once, rather than songs one at a time. Priceless!!!!
4. Being able to customize mix time.
In the end my main concern is the audio levels being so loud and low between songs and not being able to cast songs via WI-Fi to take advantage of the multi-room option on the chromecast audio.
Even with all the Cons this is my favorite app to play music with.
Does everything it say and more, blows the iTunes music player out of the water. Easy to use and inexpensive. I second the reviewer who said they would give this app 10 stars. Literally the best app ever! Update: November 2015. I had stopped using this app for about a year because there was some basic things the music app could do better. After the newest update of the music app, I felt Apple had made it harder to use in an attempt to feature more ways to make money. I came back to mix n mash and it it still works well. I have been using it as my only music app since then. This app is ideal for certain types of music, for other types of music it's features would need to be minimized. I listed to to Modern classical, ambient and drone mostly. Mix n mash provides a seem-less listening experience with the right song selection.
I like it, it got me listening to my old music again and it's very customizable. There could be some improvements though:
1. Ability to play the music where you left off. The app forces you to start again if you close it. Or if it restarts itself because you haven't used it in a while.
2. Lower battery consumption. I checked my battery stats on the 5S and after using it for an hour it apparently drained around 10% of my phone. I've gotten similar results on other days too.
3. I have a saved playlist and it always has a predetermined shuffle where the songs are "shuffled" in the same order all the time. I have to press shuffle again so that it puts the songs in a different order. Would be nice if this changes.
4. Would be absolutely great if you could remote control your music from another device via wifi or Bluetooth. That way if I'm at a party using the app in my iPod while its hooked up to the speakers, then I could conveniently control the music from my iPhone and remain in the crowd.
Other than that it's nice.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.