~Featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine & Apple's Apps We Love~
Get started with FREE cocktails. A fully sortable, searchable database. Fancy a martini or margarita? Holidays coming up? With Mixel, mixed drinks have never been so easy.
Unlock over 1000 craft cocktail recipes, including holiday cocktails! We'll show you the best cocktails you can make using the ingredients you own. With over 1000 unique recipes and mixed drinks from world-renowned sources.
Unleash your inner mixologist. Stock your bar with the ingredients you have, then filter and sort drinks by those you are able to make. Want to try a new drink you're sure to like? Sort by flavor or search by ingredient. Keep track of your favorite drinks or ones you haven't tried yet. Search titles, ingredients, sources, and more to find the perfect drink for any occasion.
A cocktail for every taste. Vodka drinks like the Martini and Cosmopolitan. Rum drinks like the Mojito. Tequila cocktails like the Margarita. We have them all. Input your ingredients and throw a cocktail party!
Missing a recipe? Create your own cocktail and share with friends. Your information is backed up to the cloud, so your data is always available. Switching devices? Just sign in to your Mixel account to pick up where you left off.
Why Mixel? You'll see... we designed the app to use a delightful 8-bit pixel art style. It's just as fun to use as it was for us to make. So get started!
Want more details? How about...
• Over 1000 curated cocktail recipes from only the best published sources. Classics, variations, modern takes, and one-offs. The best cocktails—they're all here!
• Broaden your horizons. Unlock packs of themed recipes including holiday cocktails, gin drinks, whiskey drinks, vodka drinks, tiki cocktails, and many more! Aperitivo anyone?
• Over 500 ingredients to add to your bar, all with beautiful pixel art. We made sure not to leave any out!
• Quickly view all recipes that use a cocktail ingredient. Great for discovering new favorite drinks! Really like champagne? Try the French 75!
• Not sure if what you have at home will work for a recipe? Tap an ingredient and get the essential information. Does a margarita recipe use orange juice? Find out quickly and easily.
• Create, customize, and share your own personal recipes. Pro tip: Tag us on Instagram and we may put your recipe in the app!
• Add any ingredients you may need to a shopping list, directly from Mixel. Keep track of your cocktail inventory.
• 80 classic cocktail recipes and all 500+ ingredients
• All features described above PLUS: color themes, customization, convert to metric units...
• Mixel Maximizer: Calculate which ingredients you should buy next!
Upgrade to unlock
• More recipes, organized into specialized packs (gin, vodka, whiskey, tropical, holiday, etc.)
• Holiday Pack: Classic and interesting drinks to keep you warm.
• Mixel Pack: 280+ of our favorite recipes
• Premium: All 1000+ recipes, plus any recipes and features added in the future. The best value.
Performance improvements. Happy New Year!
Ratings and Reviews
Cool & Creative.
Very inventive, I don’t need the other apps I downloaded to test out - this will do fine.
This app gives you all the freedom in the world to stock, learn, create and explore. It’s digital theme, sound effects and the ability to customize not only your digital bar but the little things like the font style, sound, and even the apps color options add a great touch - the little things add up. A great amount info and overall style, I love how we can build a collection of our own creations.
I really don’t drink much, but it’s very interesting to try new drinks and experiment here and there ...wether we’re good at that or not. Doesn't stop me from taste testing. The app makes it more fun.
And lastly this app was free but I see myself visiting their Mixel Shop soon to see what other ingredients are out there.
I want to love this app, but I hate it, but I still use it
The functionality is great, but please use modern graphics. The novelty of the 8-bit digital wears off in about 23 milliseconds. This app hurts my eyes. I love the functionality, but I hate looking at this app. The moment another app comes out that duplicates this functionality (as well as depth of recipe database), I will drop Mixel and move to something that doesn’t cause me to lose my vision. In the mean time, I’m begrudgingly using Mixel.
Edit: Per the developer’s recommendation, I tried out Lush cocktails on the App Store. The recommendation was spot on as Lush is a much better executed app. It sounds like Mixel made a poor design choice early on and now they are stuck with it. Either way, I’m getting great cocktail recipes from Lush and it doesn’t hurt my eyes to look at!!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review! Glad you hear you like the functionality, although specifically the art style is one we settled on early and simply isn’t something we can change I apologize. We are actually quite happy with it, but I understand it’s not for everyone. I would recommend Lush Cocktails if you need another cocktail app to provide recipes, very solid work they’ve done. Cheers!
Well Designed, Fun, and Helpful!
Whether you only need to consult the app for an eggnog recipe once a year at the holidays, or you need an everyday companion, this app is perfect.
What if I told you that there was a way to tell you phone what is in your Bar and refrigerator, and it would store that information and show you drinks you can make currently, as well as drinks you might be able to make with a few more ingredients? Until Mixel, there wasn’t an elegant solution.
Mixel takes old school art and mixes it with helpful information to take you from a regular guy or gal to a top notch at-home (or full-time) bartender.
- Cool Font LLC
- 72.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Cool Font LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Mixel Premium $11.99
- User Creations Pack Free
- Base Upgrade $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.