Dancers, cheerleaders, or anyone who practices music-based routines: Do you ever get tired of scrubbing in your mp3 player to find a certain spot in the music at practice? I did! So I made a time-saving app just for us! Here's what MixPlay does:
- Easily import your routine music from email, Dropbox, a URL, or a purchased iTunes song (**it can't import from an Apple Music subscription ; Apple says it's a bug on their end**).
- Quickly define the sections of your routine.
- Play each section in one tap! Scrubbing blows.
- Adjust the tempo.
- Set it to auto-repeat to drill a section.
- Play your music offline.
- No music yet? Use our free "Spoken 8-counts" track.
*Note that MixPlay does not edit, combine, or create music tracks.
Think of how much practice time you'll save, all for the price of a coffee!
If you have any problems or suggestions, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PS - I'm working on some other helpful tools for coaches, mixers, and choreographers. To be the first to know about them, join our email list at mixplayapp.com.
Just a few fixes and updates, including:
- Share via Email now works in iOS 10
- Updated the Dropbox API for better Dropboxiness
- Updated the Help and enabled notifications to show when I've replied to your Help request!
MixPlay still can't import from an Apple Music Subscription due to an Apple bug, which they've acknowledged but not fixed, so please don't 1-star me for it! :)
Ratings and Reviews
So easy to import the mix from my iTunes library right on the phone, then just adjust the sections how I like them and it's ready to go! Awesome for practice and you can even slow the sections down for when they are just learning!
Perfect Coach Tool
Snip your music into sections to play when you need em. No dragging to the right second mark over and over. Just tap and go. Plus speed up the sections to make your kids work and get sharp.
This is NOT a mixing app!!!
App name is very deceiving! You cannot mix multiple tracks. You can only “edit” one song which is ridiculously stupid considering it’s called Mix play. Don’t waste your money. I will be seeking a refund. Perhaps you should rethink the name and the price.
Yeah for the title I was thinking, "you PLAY mixes, so I'll call it MixPlay." Seemed to sound better than PlayMix, but in hindsight, probably not. Changing it is easier said than done, unfortunately, what with web site URLs, social media handles, etc. I did try to make it clear in the app description that it does not mix music, but I know many people don't read the description. Maybe I should try to add mixing functionality!? Anyway, thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. To get your refund, click the "Report a Problem" link in Apple's email receipt, or see instructions at https://www.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-app-store
- Corey Stone LLC
- 19.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Corey Stone LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.