By CoreCode Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MKV2MP4 is an application that can convert video files in the MKV container format to more compatible MP4 video files.
MKV2MP4 can convert files so fast because it doesn't re-encode the video data but just copies it into the more compatible MP4 container format. You can choose in the preferences whether you want highest speed for the audio conversion or the highest compatibility.
Because MKV2MP4 just copies the video data into the new container format there is absolutely no loss of quality, the converted files are pixel-perfect copies. Full-HD videos are fully supported.
MKV2MP4 can convert hundreds of files at once with it easy-to-use queue system and features convenience options for automatically adding many files without any further work.
MKV2MP4 features 3 modes of conversion. You can choose perfect compatibility for files that will play on every MP4 compatible player. Or you can choose highest speed and the files will still play on most player (notably except iOS devices). Additionally there is a custom mode where you can arbitrarily define how to handle audio conversion. There are also options for automatically adding files to the queue and removing them afterwards for batch handling. Most subtitles are fully supported as well (see F.A.Q.).
If your file contains a surround sound track you can use MKV2MP4 to generate files that play with perfect 5.1 surround sound on your supporting target device. MKV2MP4 even supports generation of files that play with surround on the AppleTV, which has special requirements.
*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***
- Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite" or later
*** LIMITATIONS ***
- MKV2MP4 does not do video downscaling, it is not suited for converting HD videos for playback on (old) devices that don't support HD resolutions (like the iPhone 3G(S)).
- Some files (that contain too many ref-frames, 10-bit video or are larger than FullHD) will not play on some devices like the PS3 that don't support these features.
- MKV2MP4 does not preserve all audio tracks. You can select one audio track to convert and optionally include a surround version of the same language (if available).
*** WEBSITE ***
For more information please visit:
What's New in Version 1.3.6
• Fixed rare conversion problem on broken files since v1.3.4
This app is incredible. It will turn your MKV files into mp4 files extremely fast. I used to use other programs that would take over 20 minutes to convert a file from MKV to MP4. Now it only takes under a minute. Another incredible thing this program does is it does not increase the file size from the original. I have used several other programs and they would make the MP4 about 1/3 bigger file size. This program has saved a ton of space and time on my computer. Noe if your file is an MKV with HEVC codec in it at this point Itunes and Iphone won’t play those. You can find tones of Video player app in the app store that will play them. On my Mac VLC will. This program will convert MKV with HEVC in it but if you play it in Itunes it won’t work yet. Hopefully Apple will add this codec soon. I have read apple uses HEVC in Face Time app only for now. I just use other video player apps and have no problem after this app converts my files. Why waste time encoding your videos when this program will very quickly put them in a useful containger for adding metadata to. I am so glad this programer developed this. I look forward to what he comes up with next.
It’s simple, it’s fast, and It works. Love It!
- Category: Video
- Updated: Dec 21, 2016
- Version: 1.3.6
- Size: 7.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: CoreCode Limited
- © 2017 CoreCode Limited. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor