By Albert Mayer
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MKV2PS3 is an application that can convert video files in the MKV container format to MP4 video files that are playable e.g. on the Sony PlayStation 3.
MKV2PS3 can convert files so fast because it doesn't re-encode the video data but just copies it into the more compatible MP4 container format. Audio is only converted if necessary, most of the time it is just copied blazingly fast as well.
Because MKV2PS3 just copies the video data into the new container format there is absolutely no loss of quality, the converted files are pixel-perfect copies. Full-HD videos are fully supported.
MKV2PS3 can convert hundreds of files at once with it easy-to-use queue system and features convenience options for automatically adding many files without any further work.
MKV2PS3 can be configured to your liking, you can choose defaults for handling of 5.1 surround sound files or the audio quality for those cases where audio conversion is necessary. Options for automatically adding files to the queue and removing them afterwards improve the batch handling. Most subtitles are fully supported as well (see F.A.Q.).
*** SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ***
- Mac OS X 10.7.3 or later
- 64-bit processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or better)
*** LIMITATIONS ***
- The generated files play on the Sony PS3 and on many more devices (Samsung, Toshiba...) and players (QuickTime, VLC, MPlayer...) but not everywhere. For example they do not play on iOS devices.
- Some files (that contain too many ref-frames, 10-bit video or are larger than FullHD) will not play on the PS3 due to its limitations
- Most subtitles are properly converted, but the PS3 does not display subtitles (see F.A.Q.).
- If the input file has multiple audio tracks, only one of them is converted at this time (but you can manually or automatically choose which one).
*** WEBSITE ***
For more information please visit:
What's New in Version 1.2.0
• Convert videos with HE-AAC sound so they can be viewed with sound on the PS3
• Added recognition of subtitle files that have suffixes like '-eng' or '-forced'
• Added warning when converting files that can't be converted to MP4
• Added warning when movie to convert disappears during conversion
• Added warning when dropping Aliases onto MKV2PS3
• Improved cleanup of temporary files when conversion fails
• Fixed some conversion failures with subtitles
• Fixed crashes with malformed videos or videos without audio track
• Fixed problem where queue would not continue after a conversion failure
- Category: Video
- Updated: May 29, 2014
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 7.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Albert Mayer
- Copyright © 2012 - 2013 Albert Mayer. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.3 or later, 64-bit processor