At Bat – the #1 source for live baseball on your iPhone and iPad – Is the official app of Major League Baseball.
**** AT BAT SUBSCRIPTIONS ****
At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Opening Day to the World Series.
- Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
- Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
- MLB.TV All Teams subscribers receive At Bat’s premium features for free.
**** 2018 FEATURES ****
(NOTE: Additional features and functionality will be available in regular app updates throughout the season. Make sure to keep At Bat updated to take advantage of these as you follow your favorite team and players.)
-- Watch and Listen Live --
• Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day (subject to blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Access your MLB.TV All Teams subscription to watch every out-of-market game (Subscription required)
• See key plays and pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins (No blackout restrictions; At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch in-game highlights (No blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts (At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts (supported iPhones and iPads only; At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch Condensed Games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Multitasking split view (select iPads)
• Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights (select iPads)
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac/PC and to the MLB skill on voice activated platforms with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• Watch MLB Network programming (pay TV authentication required)
-- Follow Your Favorite Team --
• Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks
• Breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
• Customize your iPhone and iPad screens with MLB Club-branded app icons
• Designated your favorite team to be featured in At Bat’s homescreen, scoreboard, news and video
• Video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
• Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games
• Search function for all active and historical MLB player cards (iPhone only)
• Closed captioning for live video
• Get notifications for Cut4’s offbeat short-form content
• Application available in Spanish language, requires device language set to Spanish
Access At Bat Premium for $2.99 per month or $19.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $2.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
© 2018 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.
This release is primarily focused on laying down the chalk in preparation for the 2018 Postseason. Also included are a number of fixes and improvements to the Apple Watch app.
Ratings and Reviews
Newest version a letdown from previous
I’ve been using this app since I really got into baseball in 2013. I was a big fan of the month to month cost of $3 to watch highlights moments after they happen, because I was constantly busy at school and a broke college student. Since then, they make you pay the full $20 for the whole year. First off, the scores on the home page load painfully slow. It takes about 15 seconds to load, and the information stating the pitcher vs batter information is usually wrong. Second, back then, elite pitching performances used to have up to 2 minute videos showing a whole outing, but now all we get is a dumbed down version that is about 45 seconds long. I was also a fan of the condensed game because it would show a play by play of every out in the game within 15 minutes. Along with the previous videos I mentioned, the condensed game is now dumbed down to about 7 minutes. Third, the game audio is the main feature I use to listen to the games because I’m usually not able to watch, but the service constantly drops and I find myself having to close the app and restart. It’s so frustrating. As a fan, I can understand the whole “pace of play” stuff coming into effect, but real fans want to watch full highlights. Fix this garbage app. Stop worrying about notifications and work on the interface. Stop dumbing down the highlights making them shorter. You will lose paid subscribers because at this point it doesn’t even seem worth the money.
Offline mode and video
Whenever I have the app open and turn off my phone screen for around 5 or more minutes and then turn my phone screen back on while still in the app it will tell me that I am in offline mode and cannot check the box scores but it will still let me do everything else like check player stats and watch videos of the very game I’m trying to check the box score of but when I tap on the box score it tells me I’m in offline mode and need to connect to the internet and I cannot find anything in
neither my phones nor the apps options to fix this and the only way I get it to work again is by closing the app and reopening it or try to do other internet requiring things in the app like looking at player stats and sometimes it will no longer be in offline mode. The other issue is when I turn my phone sideways the video won’t enlarge to fill my screen and this is a recent issue, the offline mode has been a thing since the 2018 spring training began. Neither of these were issues in the 2017 season. Aside from that this has been my favorite baseball app for the past 6 years and hope that this review will help in addressing and fixing theses issues that others may be experiencing
Good app, but In App Purchase Warning
First off, I do really like this app. I enjoy being able to read news and see scores about my favorite team. I decided to purchase the $20 in app purchase because I wanted to be able to watch full games. I do not have access to cable or satelite tv. When my team had its first spring training game a couple days ago, I tried to play the game and it says MLBtv subscription required. Now, I don’t know if it was because it’s spring training or if it’s because I misunderstood the apps purchase, but I would like to know exactly what it is I am paying $20 a year for if I cannot watch live games. I want to add that I still enjoy the app and that I am not going to delete the app and I still find this a good resource, but I think that MLB should make a disclaimer for others who have the same impression...another idea is to add this to the $20 or make a separate in app purchase for live games. A student discount would also be a good idea.
I hope this review helps others
- Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- 192.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- At Bat Premium $2.99
- At Bat Premium Annual $19.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.