At Bat – the #1 source for live baseball on your iPhone and iPad – Is the official app of Major League Baseball.
**** AT BAT SUBSCRIPTIONS ****
At Bat offers two subscription options for its extensive premium features, covering live MLB games from Opening Day to the World Series.
- Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
- Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
- MLB.TV All Teams subscribers receive At Bat’s premium features for free.
**** 2019 FEATURES ****
(NOTE: Additional features and functionality will be available in regular app updates throughout the season. Make sure to keep At Bat updated to take advantage of these as you follow your favorite team and players.)
-- Watch and Listen Live --
• Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day (subject to blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Access your MLB.TV All Teams subscription to watch every out-of-market game (Subscription required)
• See key plays and pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins (No blackout restrictions; At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch in-game highlights (No blackout restrictions; no subscription required)
• Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts (At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch 60fps video for unmatched high quality streaming of select live MLB.TV broadcasts (supported iPhones and iPads only; At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Watch Condensed Games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
• Multitasking split view (select iPads)
• Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights (select iPads)
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac/PC and to the MLB skill on voice activated platforms with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• Watch MLB Network programming (pay TV authentication required)
-- Follow Your Favorite Team --
• Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks
• Breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
• Customize your iPhone and iPad screens with MLB Club-branded app icons
• Designated your favorite team to be featured in At Bat’s homescreen, scoreboard, news and video
• Video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
• Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games
• Search function for all active and historical MLB player cards (iPhone only)
• Closed captioning for live video
• Get notifications for Cut4’s offbeat short-form content
• Application available in Spanish language, requires device language set to Spanish
Access At Bat Premium for $2.99 per month or $19.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $2.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $19.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
© 2019 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights used herein are the property of the applicable MLB entity. All rights reserved.
- Condensed Game and Game Recap videos have returned to their proper home – at the top of the Gameday Videos tab
- The featured video for each game should appear once more in the Gameday Wrap view
- Spanish users should now see Spanish titles and descriptions on highlights
- Fixed a crash that could occur when casting VOD content
- The error message displayed when entering an invalid username/password is now more descriptive
Ratings and Reviews
One big problem
I love this app, but I'm giving it a meh, because of one thing: I paid $115 or something at the beginning of the year, thinking I'd be able to watch my Dodgers play. I expected to be blacked out during home games, but I thought I'd be able to watch the away games. No such luck. In fact, I can only watch teams I don't care about, and even then I can't watch a weekend game in the afternoon, or any game a network has. I expected just the blackout to get you to go to Dodger stadium. No such luck. You are blacked out, apparently, to protect broadcasters. Well, look: I'm on my iPhone. When I don't have access to TV, when I'm at work, I just like to watch an at bat, check in to see how it's going. If I'm at home, I'll catch the game on TV. Please allow me to watch a game by my home team. I'm not going to watch a whole game on a phone unless it's 1955 and I got the World Series on my Time Machine. Lighten up, billionaires. Do something for the fan.
Much of the app doesn't work if you don't have iOS 12
It's nearly a month into the 2019 season and the MLB At Bat standings and stats still have not been updated. Instead of current 2019 standings, the app still shows 2018 standings. Same is true for stats. And when I called up MLB support, I was told that if you don't update to iOS 12 you will not be able to get current standings or stats, even with the paid app. I chose not to update to iOS 12 for a good reason - many of my favorite apps will not work at all with iOS 11 or 12. It's a Catch 22 situation. I don't blame the developers of these other apps for not wanting to change their well-designed and perfectly functional apps simply because Apple updates the iOS. MLB needs to fix the app so that standings and stats will continue to work even without iOS 12. Ironically, the MLB At Bat features that continue to work without iOS 12, such as Gameday, are much more sophisticated features than standings and stats are. I can get current standings, stats, and scores on the free Yahoo Sports app and CBS Sports app, so why bother with the MLB app at all? MLB: FIX THIS APP!
MLB needs to fix this!
I have been a MLB Extra Innings subscriber thru Directv since 1996. Up until this year I haven’t had much of an issue. But for some reason this year my phone app never wants to connect to the live TV option. My entire account seems to be screwed up. If I go thru the “bought package thru tv provider option”. It comes back as already linked. If I click the already linked option the dog chases its tail & nothing happens, or it tells me to download the At Bat app which I already have the most updated version. If I call Directv, they tell me to call MLB. If I call MLB they have no solution. One tech required me to change my password for both MLB & Directv. That didn’t work either. Now I have to remember the great new password I changed them to. I’ve used the same password for each of them for nearly ten years. Given the fact that my team doesn’t appear to be interested in winning I’m about ready to give up on MLB like I gave up & cancelled my NFL package. Neither one seems concerned about keeping fans anymore.
- Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- 184.2 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- At Bat Premium $2.99
- At Bat Premium Annual $19.99
- MLB.TV Premium Monthly $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.