MLB Manager 2016
By Out of the Park Developments
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Guide your favorite Major League Baseball franchise to glory! MLB Manager 2016, officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA, is based on the award-winning Out of the Park Baseball series.
"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
MLB Manager 2016 features a living world that uses the same realistic simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Each MLB team in the game features its actual 40-man projected 2016 Opening Day roster. The player ratings are based on the ZiPS player projection system created by famous baseball analyst Dan Szymborski.
New features in MLB Manager 2016 include:
- 2016 Opening Day MLB rosters
- Offical MLBPA license
- New game logs
- New trade difficulty setting
- Recoded and improved AI throughout the game
The game offers three gameplay modes:
- Major League Baseball Game: Choose your favorite MLB team and play out the 2016 season and beyond. There is no limit, guide your team into the future! Will Bryce Harper dominate the National League again? How will David Price perform in his new home ballpark Fenway Park? Will rising star Corey Seager win the Rookie of the Year award in the NL? How will the young guns in the AL develop, among them Carlos Correa, Miguel Sano and Francisco Lindor? Will the Kansas City Royals repeat as World Series Champions and build a dynasty?
- Fictional Game: MLB Manager creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical MLB Game: Choose one of three past MLB seasons -- 1919, 1939, or 2012 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Additional historical seasons are available as in-app purchase for $0.99 each, $4.99 for a 10-season bundle, or $19.99 for all available seasons (115 in total!). International currency conversion rates may apply.
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!
- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft the next superstar, promote players from the minors etc.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
As MLB Manager's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the OOTP Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
MLB Manager 2016 is the ultimate game for baseball fans!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION - MLBPA trademarks and copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA?s written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
What's New in Version 6.1.23
iPad Pro with iOS 9.3.x problems fixed
Amazing game but could improve.
This is my favorite game in the entire App Store. I love it, however there are definitely some improvements to be had.
- international free agents
Why can't these be in the game. There should be a short period to sign international free agents like there is in real life.
- Trade logic
Why do I get offered the worst trades, as if I'm going to trade my top prospect for your 39 yr old starter
- in game simulation, runners in scoring position
When simulating we have the option to simulate to any inning, simulate 1 full inning or simulate a half an inning, we should be allowed to simulate until there are RISP so we know when to substitute our pitcher out.
- Rating system
When I have a player that is batting .300 at the trade deadline, he should be worth a good bit. But no, in this game it goes only off his rating which is almost set in stone. I feel as though the trade value should be based a good bit on how they have been playing that season and not just off of their rating.
-We should have real draft classes
Maybe not even for the current saves, but give us actual draft classes from the 1995 season if we have a save from that year.
- Draft pick negotiations
We should actually have to sign our draft picks like we do in real life and not just draft as if they're automatically signed.
Overall, a fantastic game, but these are just suggestions for improvements.
I played Baseball Mogul a lot in the early to mid 2000's and recently had the itch to play it again. I decided to check the App Store to see if there was a mobile version and I found it here. I can't get enough. It's a niche game, but for people that like stats and sports simulation I can't get enough. I have a couple of issues with the interface but the mobile experience does limit things. Also, I wish the option to run multiple sims of the same season was in place, but again, probably a limit of the mobile version. If you like baseball sims, I don't think you'll find a better one. Though, remember, this isn't a game where you control players playing baseball. Most of your time is looking at a stat screen and wishing that your owner would increase the budget just a little so you could extend Mike Trout another few years.
Excellent Baseball Sim=Highly recommend
Have purchased it every season it has been available and love it. Yes, each year it has been out improvements have been limited to mainly roster updates and THE MLB license. I am good with paying $5 every year to get a fresh, updated roster to match real life teams that season. Accurate roster updates are the most important upgrade in this type of game are they not? This season I even went a bit crazy and bought the full PC version that has basically everything we want them to try to jam into this iOS game. Worth the $40 you ask, definitely! The only bummer about the PC version is I haven't figured out multiplayer, but hopefully I will soon.
Heading back to my comfy GM chair (my couch),
Good luck all!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 26, 2016
- Version: 6.1.23
- Size: 180 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
- © 2016 Out of the Park Baseball GmbH & Co KG
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bundle XI: All Seasons$19.99
- 2015 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 1998 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 2004 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 2009 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 2001 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 2000 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 2005 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 1986 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99
- 1995 MLB Manager 2016 Baseball Season$0.99