Guide your favorite Major League Baseball franchise to glory! MLB Manager 2017, officially licensed through MLB.com and the Major League Baseball Players Association, is based on the award-winning Out of the Park Baseball series.
"With a great menu system driving the entire game, excellent AI, and the ability to micro-manage almost everything you could dream of in a sports game, it's hard to want anything else of a mobile baseball management sim." (Touch Arcade)
MLB Manager 2017 features a living world that uses the same realistic simulation engine found in Out of the Park Baseball, the best-selling and best-rated baseball management game of all time. Each MLB team in the game features its actual 40-man projected 2017 Opening Day roster. The player ratings are based on the ZiPS player projection system created by famous baseball analyst Dan Szymborski.
New features in MLB Manager 2017 include:
- 2017 Opening Day MLB rosters, including top prospects
- Beautiful new interface
- Improved AI for trading, roster building, contract negotiations and in-game management
- Improved league news and play-by-play text
The game offers three gameplay modes:
- Major League Baseball Game: Choose your favorite MLB team and play out the 2017 season and beyond. There is no limit, guide your team into the future! Will Bryce Harper dominate the National League again? How will David Price perform in his new home ballpark Fenway Park? Will rising star Corey Seager win the Rookie of the Year award in the NL? How will the young guns in the AL develop, among them Carlos Correa, Miguel Sano and Francisco Lindor? Will the Kansas City Royals repeat as World Series Champions and build a dynasty?
- Fictional Game: MLB Manager creates one of four fictional baseball worlds and populates it with fresh players and clubs. Select a team and build a dynasty from scratch.
- Historical MLB Game: Choose one of three past MLB seasons -- 1927, 1948, or 1997 -- and see if it produces a different outcome. Additional historical seasons are available as in-app purchase for $0.99 each, $4.99 for a 10-season bundle, or $19.99 for all available seasons (116 in total!). International currency conversion rates may apply.
After selecting a gameplay mode, choose a team and handle every aspect of managing it:
- Manage your team, set lineups, depth charts, pitching staff and more!
- Call the shots from the dugout and watch the games unfold.
- Step into the shoes of the General Manager: Negotiate contracts, sign free agents, put together trades, draft the next superstar, promote players from the minors etc.
During games, the play-by-play text is generated from a huge database of tens of thousands of lines that bring the action alive. Bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, you're down by two runs and you have your best hitter stepping to the plate against your opponent's rock-solid closer ... What will happen next?
During the season, news tickers bring you headlines from around the leagues! Your biggest rival just pulled off a blockbuster trade with the trading deadline looming ... How will you respond?
As MLB Manager's living world evolves, players develop their careers, age, and eventually retire, with a possible spot in the OOTP Hall of Fame waiting for them. New players drafted by you and groomed in the minors take their place and become the next generation of superstars.
MLB Manager 2017 is the ultimate game for baseball fans!
Visit us on www.ootpdevelopments.com!
Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
OFFICIALLY LICENSED PRODUCT OF MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION - MLBPA trademarks and copyrighted works, including the MLBPA logo, and other intellectual property rights are owned and/or held by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA?s written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.
- general bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
For a returning player, leaves much to be desired
The first MLB manager I played was 2015, and it is one of my favorite games on IOS. It wasn't that deep compared to the actual OOTP, but for what it was, it served its purpose extremely well. I didn't buy 2016, as I had bought 2015 late and that game was still just fine for me. But having bought 2017, aside from new looking menus and a roster update, it is literally the exact same as the game two years ago. No full rosters, no minor league teams like A, AA, and AAA, and only a limited number of prospects. No hiring personnel, it is the EXACT same game. I would think they would add something new by now considering all the improvements they made to the actual OOTP game in the last couple of years, but no. At least I bought it during the sale for 2 bucks and didn't pay 5. It's still a fun game, but that's just because the game 2 years ago was fun.
One *major* issue..
First off I have to point out that this is far and away the best baseball sim available on mobile.. I've been a loyal follower purchasing each new version each year for several years now, and the game allows for such depth that I never get tired of it..
However, this version has one issue that is prompting my complaint for the first time ever-- on an iPhone 7 Plus, long messages in the mailbox do not scroll smoothly, and portions of the messages are completely unreadable. The most glaring example is the notice about All-Star rosters... I can see all of the AL players listed, but the scrolling jumps from the bottom of the AL list/top of the NL list, straight to the bottom of the NL list. I can only see the first few and last few NL players.
Basically, any message that is fairly lengthy has this issue with "choppiness".. a lot of them are short enough that scrolling to the bottom still allows the entire message to be read, but the really long ones make it impossible to read all of them.
Please fix this!!
Needs a couple revisions
This version of the game is good and playable. But two significant changes would make it far more fun Andy versatile, while making in app purchases more attractive. First, allow the player to draft for and control all the teams. It doesn’t allow me to try different player combinations, but that would be an easy option to add. Second, once we buy multiple seasons, we should be able to play teams of different seasons together in a fantasy league. Why not allow the player to control as much as he likes? I would buy far more seasons with these options.
- Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
- 180.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2017 Out of the Park Baseball GmbH & Co KG
- In-App Purchases
- Bundle XI: All Seasons $19.99
- 1986 MLB Manager 2017 Baseball Season $0.99
- 2009 MLB Manager 2017 Baseball Season $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.